 Castle / 7206
Re: Ultimate castle theme..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 22:52:43 GMT

Timothy Carl Buchheim wrote:

Kevin Blocksidge wrote:

I won't give anything away, but a Chewbacca, Watto, or Ghost size fig would
not do.  Hagrid is very large.  Not only taller, but with broad shoulders
too.  A simple slip cover would not do, atleast that is my opinion.

Keep in mind that the sets will be based on the movie, not the books.
So what LEGO does will most likely depend on how Hagrid is depicted in
the movie.

Also keep in mind that Anakin Skywalker the minifig is just as tall as Qui-Gon,
Obi-Wan, and for that matter Darth Vader.  Heck, so is Watto, the mini-fig.
I'll grant that these are both characters supposed to be smaller than normal,
but I'm not sure LEGO is going to do a special mold just for a Hagrid 'fig.
Then again, they did a mold for the Rock Monster, so who knows?  As long as
Hagrid isn't a SPUD like that, or like Sebulba and that other SW podracer guy,
it won't be *too* bad...

Rampant Speculation: someone posted pics to Brickset.com of what appear to be
European 'Creator' sets, with larger 'figs - they appear to be 6 bricks tall and
appear to be slightly more normally proportioned than minifigs.  A Hagrid built
on this mold would certainly tower over minifigs (by 2 bricks' height!) but
wouldn't really be much wider.