 Castle / 7182
Re: Ultimate castle theme..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:46:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:

I have my doubts as to whether or not TLC will ever do this (excellent
idea!).  It has been suggested many times over and dreamed about by more
folk than just me.  So, knowing that TLC may not fulfill our wishes, the
best thing you can do is get as much of the sub-$50.00 currently available,
sets NOT in the Castle theme that have Castle parts (i.e. Twisted Time
Train),

Just got back from Legoland - the Twisted Time Train is on sale there for
$4.99.  I figured the skeleton and Ghost were just about worth that alone.  :-)

any complimentary Classic or Town set for structures, Star Wars for
peasants and creatures (hooded cloaks make for nice sorcerers, too), Western
or Adventurers for other elements and just custom build your own.  That is
what I am up to now.  You don't have to have the elements from the Crusaders
through Royal Knights to make somethin you can be proud of, and with Harry
Potter on the way late in 2001, your fantasy and some Castle wishes may come
true (at least partially).  Here's to hoping that TLC will deliver the goods
in 2002!  Or at least the design it yourself and buy it from TLC direct will
allow us to do this (oh please, oh please!).
P.S.  Go to as many Target stores as you can for clearance Castle and Star
Wars, and Ralphs has some small Castle sets on sale with your Ralphs Club card!

Ooooo, gotta check out Ralphs, though I kinda blew my Lego budget at
Legoland.  The new Shell stuff doesn't have any Castles stuff, unlike last
time, unfortunately.

Bruce

Best wishes,
Aaron (big 'ol Castle fan)