 Off-Topic / Geek / 2605
Re: When did the 3rd millennium start?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 05:45:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:
If you want to call last New Year's Day the start of the millennium, you've
got to call last year "2001", and re-cast all previous dates as well.

You're totally ignoring my point. My point is that the relevancy of how we call
things is so little, that what makes the most sense to me is to say that
decades start when the last digit of the year turns 0

You act as if what people did for all the centuries when our system WAS in use
do not matter.

In 1901 this was not an issue; they treated just as people did in 1801, and
1701.

It is only our century that decided not to.