 Castle / 8474
Re: Modular Castle sets (was Re: Ultimate castle theme..) refs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 04:22:56 GMT

Hi all
While digging around for sources for my modular yellow castle I ran across
two great books. I found them in the juvenile section of the local public
library. They are similar to McCauley's stuff:

Stephen Biesty's Cross Sections Castle (ISBN 1-56458-467-4)
Inside Story: A medieval castle (ISBN 0-87226-340-1)by Macdonald, F.

These are valuable resources for castle construction as well as village
structures.

Mark
Lugnet #485

In lugnet.castle, Drew Setter writes:
The type of theme you suggest is one I believe that all castle fanatics
would drool over.  Modular is the best way to go  It's sure something that I
wish TLG would return to.
In lugnet.castle, Mark van 't Hooft writes:
Yes, I completely agree. I've actually played around with this a little bit
with my yellow castle (375). I still think it is one of the best Lego sets
around, but it is a bit small. I'll post some pictures if I come up with
something good.