 Castle / 8453
8452  |  8454
Subject:
Modular Castle sets (was Re: Ultimate castle theme..)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 02:18:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Drew Setter writes:
The type of theme you suggest is one I believe that all castle fanatics
would drool over.  Modular is the best way to go  It's sure something that I
wish TLG would return to.
In lugnet.castle, Mark van 't Hooft writes:
Yes, I completely agree. I've actually played around with this a little bit
with my yellow castle (375). I still think it is one of the best Lego sets
around, but it is a bit small. I'll post some pictures if I come up with
something good.

Okay, I know a lot of people are less that thrilled with Lego's foray into
software, but I have a copy of Castle Creator (my husband bought it for me
for Christmas, bless his misguided heart), and after messing around with it,
I find that some of the ideas aren't so bad.

Especially since I don't have any AFOL's around locally, I was looking for
some inspiration, and found that the builder part of the software has
modular towers (8x8 with 10x10 parapets), walls (all variations with and
with out windows 20 studs long), and some small buildings (the jail seems to
stand out in my memory right now).

The good part and the bad part of these designs is that they are actually
built out of individual e-bricks!  I used up all of my small grey bricks
just to build one tower based on the computer model.  I'm going to end up
buying thousands of bulk bricks, I can see that already.

Anyway, my point is that Lego knows how to put together castle walls out of
separate bricks, they just seem to ignore the fact that most of us don't
like POOPs!  I feel that they add something to vary the texture of a
structure, but, they're a poor substitute for an equivelant handful of *bricks*!

Well, there's my two cents, a nickel, and three dimes,
Tatyana
Tanya Burkhart