 Off-Topic / Geek / 2610
Re: When did the 3rd millennium start?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 12:01:27 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
[...]
to the digits, and for some reason, we have a liking to numbers which end in
lots of 0s, so with that perspective in mind, the millenium clearly starts in
2000, after all, when we talk about the 80s, we mean 1980/01/01 to 1989/12/31
not 1981/01/01 to 1990/12/31.

But if you're talking about the 9th decade of the 20th century, aren't you
referring to 1981/01/01 to 1990/12/31?

Bah, it's all irrelevant.  The universe was created last Tuesday, already in its
present form.