 Castle / 8552
Re: Modular Castle sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 06:18:34 GMT

Hi all,
I posted some pictures of a tower I created in my quest to create a yellow
castle using a modular design (my first humble attempt). The tower measures
12x12 and is 22 bricks high.

Good dimensions so far :)

I'm going to work on a gatehouse next, and a modular
wall.

The gatehouse IMHO is the hardest thing to design.  The wall is the easiest
(duh!), and the tower is somewhere in the middle.  If I were you, I would
go ahead and use a little black or grey in your modules, since the black and
grey arches are a LOT easier to come by than yellow ones.  I see the
arches as maybe being a limiting factor for you in the long run.

.Please LMKWYT. If anybody has yellow bricks for sale in bulk (1x and
2x), as well as yellow slopes (2x2 45degrees, inverted also), LMK. I have a
feeling I will be needing a lot of them soon .....

I really like the size of the wall - it's pretty realistic.  I also like the
stairs - figures have to have a way to get up to the wall, right?  Overall,
it's a
clean design (which means that when I look at it, it's aesthetically pleasing).

-- Pawel

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/new/