 Off-Topic / Fun / 6422
Re: 3rd millennium
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:48:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.castle, Steve Chapple writes:
Congratulations Mark on being the first post of the new millennium.   :-)
(Of course some would argue for the odometer turn over a year ago.)

Others would point out that 2001/01/01 00:00:01 GMT is not the start
of the new millenium even if you subscribe to the incorrect notion...

I figured if it was to be the first LUGNet post that Todd's computer's
clock would have to be the reference standard for our little LEGO
world.  If it ceases to function our world ceases to exist.   :-)

...Thus the two conflicting definitions are enshrined in international law.

Interesting.  I agree it's rather arbitrary.  Given that I spent this one
alone and a year ago with my (now ex) girl-friend in her apartment,
I'd have to say I prefered the 1999/2000 changeover...

SRC