 Off-Topic / Fun / 6421
Re: Game discussion WAS: [Re: I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry....]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:28:04 GMT

Well...I know this is an old thread, but I came upon it and had to respond.
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

I *really* need to stop playing with my Lego and finish Grandia(1)(2).  ;)

Ack--!  After I purchased Grandia II, I didn't play with lego for two weeks :)

My roommate is playing it right now. The only thing I don't like hearing
is the "Alright, we won!" x 10,000,000,000, or "Not, bad, ey?" sounding
like a UP inhabitant, or something!

Personally, I don't mind the voices of Justin, Sue, Feena, or Liete.  The
other ones I can live without (especially Rapp).  ;)  Of course, I'm usually
listening to other music instead, so I don't really hear them.  ;)

The voice acting in Grandia II is amazing.

2 - Why, oh why, did Gamearts have to make Grandia 2 for the stupid
Dreamcast??

Wha--??  STUPID?  I suppose you could call the DC stupid IF you thought
games were dumb...that's an insult, because the DC is my favorite console to
date.

That's right, I saw it in NEXTGEN last night! D'oh! Talk about a dumb
move.

WHAT?!  Personally, I'm glad...

Well, Grandia was originally on Sega Saturn (I think), so it is basically a
return to its roots.  Hopefully they'll port it to the PSX2...

I hear so, but this may turn into a debate <g>

I own a Dreamcast, and don't own a PS2.  The PS2 is a dreamcast that costs
twice as much, has no online capability (not yet, and it hasn't a modem),
$35 memory cards instead of $20 VMUs which have a SCREEN and BUTTONS,
virtually no interesting games (yet...maybe DOA2:Hardcore and Armored Core
II).  Oh, it has DVD, too.  DVD'd count, if the PS2 was a good gaming
machine...so it'd be a game console with a DVD player.  But since it
essentially sucks for games, it looks like a DVD player that plays games.
If I want to play games, I'll play my Dreamcast, you you want to watch DVDs
the PS2 is good.

My point is that the Dreamcast is half as much, and does more, better than
the PS2, as long as it's GAMES you want.  The Dreamcast is even free when
you sign up for SegaNet.

I'm sorry, I'm usually real excited about new console launches, try to be
the first in line, etc...and LIKE it when a new system comes out, but I
couldn't with the PS2.  There were no games I wanted to buy that would
justify the $300 purchase plus I had a DC with more good games than I can
afford.  I'm not biased or anything...and I think it's sad I couldn't like
the PS2, because I would have liked to have been able to.

Unfortunately, I think if Grandia II came out on PS2 exlusively, I'd have to
buy it :^( .  And I don't feel like shelling $300 for what I already have
but worse with an extra DVD player.  So, I'm glad it's on the DC.  Best-case
scenario?  All games come out for all systems, everybodys happy.  But, then
you only need one console.

Why would you want a game to come out for the PS2?  For an exuse to buy it?

Anyway...if your reading this, and DON'T own Grandia II, go out and buy it
;^)  Blows away all my old favorites.

--Josh