 Off-Topic / Fun / 4715
Re: I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:07:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Jeff,

Jeff Stembel wrote:

My neighbor and I have gone for hours in various 2-player RPGs.  :)  Our
current record is roughly 15 hours continuous play of Secret of Mana.
Because we played for so long, the SNES eventually overheated and toasted
our savegames, so we had to start over.  :)

YEs, indeed. I love that game, I played SOM with my fiancee and her
brother for a good 4 / 5 hours before. I never heard of the save games
being toasted, however. Jeff, you evil, evil person! ;)

Yup, We love that game, too.  :)  I always played the Boy and he played the
Girl (neither of us like the Sprite. :) ).  We have one game that we maxed out
levels, spells, and weapons.  :)  I love the altered spell graphics.  :)

On average, though, we'd play things like FF3US for at least eight hours
straight.  :)  Which reminds me - anyone else have a "glitchable" copy of
that?  I do, and it is great.  :)  One of my games has roughly 3-4000 Dirks.
:)  Not to mention a hundred Gem Boxes and Scimitars...  :)

Hmm... I don't know for sure if I do or not? What is that glitch? A
hundred Scimitars? Ah, nice.....

Well, early runs of the game had a bug that would screw up your inventory if
you sketched Gau on the Veldt (after he returns from a Leap).  You can lose
items by doing this, and it seems somewhat random as to what you get, but you
can end up with some amazing amounts of items.  :)  We got thousands of Dirks,
a bunch of Gem Boxes, Economizers, and Scimitars, among other things.  :)  We'd
just idly throw dirks at annoying enemies.  :)

Jeff