 Off-Topic / Debate / 8427
Re: there ain't no such thing as "year zero"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:59:04 GMT

Franklin W. Cain wrote:
There was *not* a "year zero".  The year after "1 BC" was the year "AD 1".

You're missing my point. There wasn't a year 1 AD either. There is a
year which we now call 1 AD. My point is that the relevance of when the
bleep the calendar started is about zero. Therefore I find more
relevance in the last digits turning to zeros.

I used to take the anal view that since there isn't a year 0, that the
new millenium starts in 2001, but as I saw more and more discussion, I
came to feel that it just plain makes more sense to think of 2000/01/01
as the start of the new millenium.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com