 Off-Topic / Debate / 8426
Re: Is space property?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:04:12 GMT

When you pay your government [taxes] to kill people, it is the moral
equivalent of killing them yourself.

  Just a minor nitpick; if the money to fund such killings is taken from you
against your will and beyond your reasonable power to resist, you are not
morally responsible for what is done with that money.  If a person breaks
into your house and steals some money, buys a bat with it, and clubs someone
to death, you're not responsible in any way.  Even if I give you five
bucks-- without having any say in its spending--and you buy a glass with it,
break it, and kill me with the shards, have I morally committed suicide?

     Dave!