 Castle / 8440
Re: Ultimate castle theme..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:22:42 GMT

The type of theme you suggest is one I believe that all castle fanatics
would drool over.  Modular is the best way to go  It's sure something that I
wish TLG would return to.

That's kinda what the original themes were like with the Crusaders and Black
Falcons.  All of the wall joints were compatible and you could create a
larger castle, wall, or town using the different sets.  It also had
expansion packs and mini-fig sets. Of course, the themes were really skimpy
on the peasant sets but they did exist including the blacksmith shop, the
armor shop, the hay cart, supply cart, the Guarded Inn, and others.  TLG
just never took it to the next step with Peasant houses and such. That's
what I miss the most I think: the mini-fig sets.

Just adding my two cents.

In lugnet.castle, Mark van 't Hooft writes:
Yes, I completely agree. I've actually played around with this a little bit
with my yellow castle (375). I still think it is one of the best Lego sets
around, but it is a bit small. I'll post some pictures if I come up with
something good.

Mark
Lugnet #485
Mark's Legoland @ brickbay.com