 CAD / Development / 5720
Re: License - again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:46:38 GMT

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:

Any licensing scheme we come up with should make a clear distinction
between a use of the library which relies on the artistic work of the
authors, and one which merely can read and write LDraw format.

It may be worth to note here that the binary format for LeoCAD falls
into the former category.  And as Leonardo Zide has said, James Jessiman
did allow him to redistribute the transformed parts library independent
from the main LDraw distribution.  I don't know if this should be given
any precedence?

Fredrik