 CAD / Development / 5644
Re: License - again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:00:25 GMT

The only problem is, this license is no use without an Authors/Contributors
license to go with it.

And I think this is one is *too* brief.

Steve

In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide wrote:

Last time we talked about a license for the parts library we couldn't
reach an agreement, so here I am again trying to wrap this up. I know
this is a boring subject but let's try to reach an agreement.

I don't think we need to write a long license, something small and
simple should be enough to cover all of our needs. Here's an initial
draft (based on the zlib license), you can add more restrictions if you
feel they are needed:

This library is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
warranty.  In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
arising from the use of this library.

Permission is granted to anyone to use this library for any purpose,
including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
freely, subject to the following restrictions:

1. The origin of this library must not be misrepresented; you must not
    claim that you wrote the original library. If you use this library
    in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation is
    required.
2. Altered versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
    misrepresented as being the original library.
3. This file may not be removed or altered from any distribution.

[INSERT LIST OF AUTHORS]

- It has a disclaimer, to free us from any problems
- It allows users to do whatever they want
- It adds redistribution restrictions

Leonardo