 CAD / Development / 5715
Re: License - again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:01:20 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

I agree completely.  My ideal "contributor's agreement" would be to act
like each contributed work existed as two independent entities, which had
been independently created and had no connection with each other.  One
entitiy would be the author's complete property, and the other would be
ldraw.org's property.  Neither party would have any control over what the
other party did with their file.

  In other words, the contributors grant ldraw.org the rights to do
whatever they want with the parts. This should be in the parts
submission page, along with a button "I have read and accept the terms
of the agreement". It has nothing to do with the users license.

OTOH, I'm suprised no one has been approached by
Ritvik -- I imagine an LDRAW disk in a Megabloks set would
increase their market image.

Heh-heh.  Until we told everyone what the "L" stood for.

  You can say that MLCad is "Megablocks and Lego CAD". :)

  I remember someone saying that he has been approached by another
brand.

Leonardo