 CAD / Development / 5686
Re: License - again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:52:52 GMT

John VanZwieten wrote:

Good to hear more from the app. dev. side (for which I have utmost
respect)!  What do you think about Larry P.'s idea to add a clause
requiring free (or nominal cost) application distribution to the
contributors to the parts library?  ("Contributors" would have to include
people like Terry K. who put tons of effort into the library but (maybe)
haven't authored parts.)

  If we take that route then I assume that (L)GPL is not going to be
used. I think we can also add a clause "other licenses can be negociated
with the authors".

  I also liked the idea of requiring the source code for a conversion
program, if the library is converted to another format.

Leonardo