 CAD / Development / 5645
Re: License - again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:26:30 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

The only problem is, this license is no use without an Authors/Contributors
license to go with it.

  I still couldn't understand what do you call "contributor's license".
The way I understand it is that when someone submits a part to the
voting process, they are allowing it to be redistributed under the
"redistribution license".

  I don't see any need to have another license, the page that explains
how a person submits a part for voting could have a paragraph like "by
submiting a file for voting, you agree to allow it to be released under
the terms of the xyz license".

And I think this is one is *too* brief.

  Is there any point that is not covered by it ? I suggested to use it
as a starting point, I was expecting some feedback to add more
restrictions.

Leonardo

PS: Why don't we use LGPL ?