 CAD / Development / 5721
Re: POV difference in LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 21:24:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

Is there any way to make something similar to the useful difference
function from POV into LDraw?

One of the main reasons I wrote my 3DSMAX to DAT converter was to use the
boolean ops modelling abilities of 3DSMAX. When I created the technic wheels
and tires that were basically a dish with holes bored through them, I couldn't
imagine doing it with anything less robust than a real modeller. I would look
into ACAD, MAX, Lightwave or possibly even one of the free/shareware modellers
that people like (I think) Franklin Cain are using.
I'm pretty sure you can get an older version of MAX or ACAD for cheap...
especially if you're a student.