 CAD / Development / 5723
Re: POV difference in LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:44:31 GMT

Andrew wrote:

I have no knowledge of writing scripts for converting files between CAD
packages but I would be interested to know if anyone has or could write a
converter from MLCAD to AutoCAD.  AutoCAD like Microstation and 3DSMAX has a
built in rendering application which can produce some very good looking
images.  Architects use Microstation a lot for the sexy graphics of the
buildings they create.  But further than that you can add Desktop Radiance
(A free program from the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory) to AutoCAD
which can then produce incredibly high quality renders which could be lit
either artificially or through daylighting.

  LeoCAD can import LDraw files and exports 3DS and Wavefront files.

Leonardo