 CAD / Development / 10962 (-100)
  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

(...) the program. Travis informed me that LDview can also convert to 3DS and OBJ, so I'll try that. -Mike (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

(...) Michael Heidemann's Inliner should do the job fine! (URL) Philo (15 years ago, 12-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

(...) That's what I suspected. Do you know how to meake all the parts/primitives inline? -Mike (15 years ago, 12-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

(...) Sorry about that, the program may only work with the geometry so all the parts/primitves would probably need to be inlined. It also may need to have a DAT extention rather than MPD. (15 years ago, 11-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

(...) there are no error messages. here's the command line I'm using: 3dto3d minifig.mpd /if9 /of19 /dminifig.obj /ov /ip"J:\ProgsWin\LDraw\parts" /ip"J:\ProgsWin\LDraw\p" I'm assuming it has something to do with it not finding the parts/primitives. (...) (15 years ago, 11-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

(...) Textures are more widely supported in programs where users actually interact/play with 3D models, though. So you are limited basically to rendering still images or animations. Stefan Garcia wrote: (...) animations, however. This is what I want (...) (15 years ago, 11-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Orion or Carsten: please contact me regarding LDDP

(...) Thanks Willy. That explains a lot. I knew he was in the navy, but thought I'd seen more posts from him relatively recently. (...) That's OK. My suggestion requires coding, so my contacting Carsten won't be too useful if he's no longer coding (...) (15 years ago, 10-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

The materials are imported properly into Blender, but whether they would be exported as .obj is a guess on my part. Materials are better in this case, not textures. As for Blender being a "pig" program, it's a 9MB download that is completely free, (...) (15 years ago, 10-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Orion or Carsten: please contact me regarding LDDP

(...) Orion is on duty. (...) No he doesn't - Orion is the only coder right now. I was able to contact Carsten to sign the Third Party Agreement for the AIOI though - let me know if you want his new address anyway. w. (15 years ago, 10-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

(...) I was hoping not to have to install another pig application package just to do a conversion. Also, are the materials imported properly? Ideally they would be converted to textures since they are more common. -Mike (15 years ago, 10-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

(...) 3Dto3D bt Thomas Baier works pretty well as it has support for converting between LDraw DAT files to Wavefront OBJ as well as several other formats. You can get it at: h(URL) (15 years ago, 10-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convert to Wavefront object?

You could import the files into Blender3D and export them to .obj format. It probably won't look very pretty though. -Stefan- (15 years ago, 10-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Convert to Wavefront object?

Is there a free means of converting LDraw models to Wavefront object (*.obj) files? Thanks! -Mike (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Orion or Carsten: please contact me regarding LDDP

(...) I haven't gotten anything from Orion. Carsten, do you still work on LDDP? I seem to remember you don't, but if you do, send me an email, and I'll let you know what my suggestion is. --Travis (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: POV-Ray help needed

(...) I forgot the beginning of this thread, and misunderstood your "15% faster" comment. I see now that you're referring to the flattened mesh2 data for the part. I was mis-reading it to be that mesh2 is 15% faster than mesh (which I know you never (...) (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: POV-Ray help needed

(...) Thanks for the info. I have implemented mesh2 support in LDView's export as part of my new curve smoothing support for POV exports, but haven't completely removed the mesh support (although it is currently hard-coded to use mesh2 whether or (...) (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: POV-Ray help needed

(...) Hi Travis, I've finally picked up the povray export project again, You were right I needed to calculate the horizontal fov from the vertical one used in OpenGL. Also you may be interested in knowing that I now also have a basic "hierarchical (...) (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Orion: please contact me regarding LDDP

Sorry for the personal post, but I've sent two emails to Orion without a response to either (the first sent months ago), so I'm concerned that my messages are being swallowed by a SPAM filter. Orion, I had a suggestion for improving the interaction (...) (15 years ago, 4-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  XMPD.DLL

Some month (or years?) ago I asked for somebody to make a dll that can be used by other software authors to write more easily applications for LDraw files. As there was nobody answering, I started to this myself. As I do not have experience with C (...) (15 years ago, 15-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) Thank you! Jetro (15 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) This is now fixed -Orion (15 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) It's been a long time since the last update on this very useful app and, more importantly, the link it could be downloaded from now gives me a "404 not found" error. I have recently included a reference to this great app in an ongoing tutorial (...) (15 years ago, 28-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) Maybe I'll just automatically disable the scaling when "Show control points" is turned on. I'll definitely disable the scaling when "Show all" is turned on. (...) Having the control lines be a different color won't necessarily help when they (...) (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) Actually the switch turning off condline controls scaling could be a sub-option of "Show control points" and be active only in this case. BTW, could it be possible to show control lines in another color to distinguish them from conditional (...) (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) This is true, and I actually try to work this way, but if you look up the thread to ((URL) here>), you'll see that this bug led to a problem that would be visible in real-world parts if the suggested conditional edge primitive is created. And (...) (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) Fixing this one group of rarely important special cases in an efficient manner is probably not the most valuable use of your time. You could always offer 'condition point compression' as a user-selectable option. Tim (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.18

(...) Philo just informed me that both versions that I have packed into the setup are the old versions. So I compliled it again with the current (above mentioned) versions of that tools. I am sorry for any trouble this may have caused on your side. (...) (16 years ago, 15-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) OK, I applied this fix (pulling the control points to be 1 LDU from the first point of the conditional line), and it seems to work. It makes the "Show control points" option under conditional lines less useful, but that's a price I'm willing (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) Well, I know where the camera is, and I can create vectors from the camera to both end-points of the conditional line, and to both control points. I'm pretty sure that the calculation could be done with just this information. However, I'm not (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) In the case that exhibits the bug, the control points are outside the frustum, but the conditional line itself isn't. So I still need to decide whether or not to draw the conditional line. In this case, it was being drawn at times that it (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) I think you're right. I'll look into that. It seems like the most straightforward, and since it's just a pre-processing step, it shouldn't affect the performance for anything other than model loading. --Travis (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) Is there some 'easy' way to determine if the control points are in or out of frustum? Is there any other way to transform points, without considering the frustum (Well, obviously there is at least one, but it's the long way of calculating the (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) OK... I think I understand what I was getting at here. When you introduce perspective then the distance of the conditional point from the line becomes important. Eg. if you have a point that is directly behind its line in a perspective free (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) Hmmm... Though I can't quite pin it down I have a suspicion that this has something to do with the spatial reduction cause by projection. What projection matrix are you using? Would a simple solution just be to move the conditional points (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) I am not the best in 3D, but if something outside the view frustum, you do not need to draw that. If you have the special case that only parts of what you should draw are outside the view frustum, I would go to calculate that values for a (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) Actually, the projected points are all that I am checking, and that's how it's supposed to work. (...) No. The way that conditional lines work is that if the two control points lie on the same side of the conditional line on the screen (in (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3D matrix math question

(...) If I understand correctly you shouldn't be checking on the projection, only on the full 3D transformed points. That means you should check after stage 2.5. You'll need the Z value to work out which side things lie on. Tim (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  3D matrix math question

(...) I think I need help. I thought I was using gluProject for the conditional calculations, but discovered that I'm not. I multiple the projection matrix by the model-view matrix to get my transformation matrix, then run the points through that to (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.18

(...) Thanks! For the record: - Ytruder 1.2 is no longer limited to Y direction and can extrude along x, y or z directions - Intersector 1.3 has a new scaling option that improves result for small parts. Philo (16 years ago, 12-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LETGUI new version 0.1.0.18

A new version of LETGUI ((URL) is now available. Support for new commandline options for Ytruder1.2 and Intersector1.3 are added. Have fun! cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 12-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inliner v1.1.0.1

(...) There where still under some circumstances errors in the resulting file. Please use this update version 1.1.0.2 at (URL) (16 years ago, 10-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LETGUI new version 0.1.0.17

A new version of LETGUI ((URL) is now available. The new option 'N' for Inliner ((URL) is now supported. Support for the new amazing tool pathtruder v1.0 ((URL) is added. Have fun! cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 27-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Inliner v1.1.0.1  [DAT]

A new version of Inliner is available at (URL) is a bugfix, that fixes the wrong winding if you use the inlinedeep option and do not inline to the lowest level. So this version can now easily change a CW version of a file to a CCW version. You have (...) (16 years ago, 25-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LETGUI new version 0.1.0.16

A new version of LETGUI ((URL) is now available. The new option for Inliner ((URL) is now supported. Have fun! cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 18-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Inliner v1.1

A new version of Inliner is available at (URL) you can choose the deepth of inlining level. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 12-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.15

(...) There was a bug when you have changed the error and warning angles. This is fixed now. I did not have changed the version number. So current version 1.0.15 is updated. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LETGUI new version 0.1.0.15

A new version of LETGUI ((URL) is now available. The new options for PlanarCheck ((URL) are now supported. Have fun! cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 9-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Anyone working on 60478 ?

(...) I wouldn't rely on Google - if you know the part number it is far easier to use the "lookup" box on almost every page of the Parts Tracker (URL). There has not been voting on parts submissions for many years now - there is a review and (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Anyone working on 60478 ?

(...) That didn't turn up in my Google search. I downloaded his file and am using it instead of mine. What happens if two people develop the same part? Are both eligible for voting? (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Anyone working on 60478 ?

(...) An unofficial version was posted to the Parts Tracker on Saturday by Michael Heidemann (URL) Chris (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Anyone working on 60478 ?  [DAT]

(...) I edited the 48336 in the unofficial parts library (by Guy Vivan [guyvivan]) and turned it into 60478. I've never submitted a part to the library before, so I don't know the procedure, but here it is anyway... I am happy to relinquish all (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Anyone working on 60478 ?

I can't find this part in any parts library, unofficial or otherwise: (URL) anyone worked on it? It seems to me that it would be similar enough to 48336, which does exist in the unofficial parts library, that it wouldn't be too hard, no? (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) Thank for pointing this out. I think LDSShell is the better way to use LDS anyway. As I never used Pascal or Delphi, I do not understand the code nor can port that to VBExpress that I am using. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 8-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) As you above mentioned there is already a tool that does what you want - LDDPad. But with the capabilities of LDDPad you have to know the command line parameters and how to set them. LETGUI is designed as a GUI for command line tools, not as a (...) (16 years ago, 8-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) I still have the sources for LDSShell (Delphi Pascal), they are free for anyone wanting to have a look at them. I can't see any checking of return codes, all LDSShell does is capture the file LDS.ERR with all the 'compiler' errors and (...) (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) There's a much more recent version of LDS at (URL) am unable to edit anything at my "swipnet" pages since I changed ISP to Telia and can't reach Tele2's (ie swipnet) FTP service anymore.) MFHead is still highly unofficial and doesn't even (...) (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) At present all supported tools are hard coded. So I can add also other tools if needed. The idea of LETGUI was to have a starter for little command line tools like those from Philo and some others. I never have used LDS but just have had a (...) (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) Looks nifty! Is it possible to set it up towards other than your tools, like LDS and MFHead? /Tore (16 years ago, 29-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) Thanks for this ever improving nifty tool! Philo (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

The new version of LETGUI ((URL) is now available. Also the updated version of some tools (mentioned here (URL) are in the installer. Some improvements also to LETGUI. Also Edger is now included, some default values for Coverer and Intersector are (...) (16 years ago, 8-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Ldraw tools updated.  [DAT]

I have improved my (URL) Coverer> utility: Corrected a bug that sometimes created an extraneous - and wrong - conditional line. Added -b bias parameter The bias parameter allows to control how the surface spreads on the two support lines. For (...) (16 years ago, 8-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX) !

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Intersector

(...) ah - I missed that possibility. Thanks, Niels! Philo (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Intersector

(...) I thought more about that. Maybe the most effective way would be to keep these tools outside MLCad, but bring support with two new MLCad possibilities: - Save a selection - Insert a file. This way, you could visually select elements to process (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Intersector

(...) Isn't the color toolbar adjustable? Although limited to only 16 entries, but each of these entries can be chosen manually (by right clicking on the entrie in the toolbar). Niels (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Intersector

(...) I wonder if they would be easy to integrate: most of them requires two sets of input, that would translate in two different selection modes. I don't know how it could be implemented in a user friendly way. I would have also several other (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Intersector

(...) If Michael Lachmann would put this and the other tools from Philo into MLCad we would have a very very good tool for parts developing. I hope Michael reads this lines ;-) cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 5-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Intersector

(...) Philo, Congratulations on another LDraw mathematic gem! More than once I've wanted such a facility! Kevin (16 years ago, 4-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  New Ldraw parts authors tool: Intersector

(URL) This new utility allows to cut a LDraw file along the intersection with another. All triangles, quads, lines and conditional lines in cut file are split where they meet triangles or quads of the cutter file. Program, documentation, source code (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: inlining parts with correct winding information

(...) Thank you very much for "only" finding errors in formatting. I have corrected all things you have mentioned. It was not easy for me to find all these informations and put them together. I wonder why nobody before has released such a document (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: inlining parts with correct winding information

(...) I can't comment on the German version, but I looked at the English version, and have a few comments. At the top, you mention x1, x2, x3. Do you mean x1, y1, z1? Determinant doesn't have an e at the end. There are few places where the z (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: inlining parts with correct winding information

(...) Looks good - Though I have not checked every details!!! Philo (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License questions

(...) Strictly speaking you should include each part author's names and information about the license in the POV file. I believe that is part of the conditions in the license for each part. That said I doubt anyone will be enforcing the policy for (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

Hi, (...) Its a tough problem ! The problem is, that stl2dat does not recalculate or modify the triangles that are in the stl file. The only thing stl2dat makes is to bind the triangles into ldraw primitives or quadrangle. To solve your problem (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: inlining parts with correct winding information

(...) I have finished the documentation. You can find it direct on (URL) or the german translation (URL) would be happy to get some feedback. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 28-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: inlining parts with correct winding information

(...) I have found the solution for that with help of Philo. I will prepare a "How To" later on (URL) for all interested people. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 27-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: POV-Ray help needed

(...) I believe that POV's FOV is the horizontal field of view, while OpenGL's is vertical field of view. So you have to convert from one to the other (which I do in LDView). Set your rendering window in both the OpenGL view and the POV rendering to (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License questions

(...) I also think it should be enough to place a disclaimer and preserve (part of) the comments to identify and credit the original authors. But with all the commotion around the license (library is on hold for years etc) It would be nice to have (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: POV-Ray help needed

(...) Actually I was planning to support both to see which approach renders faster. Having the vertex and index data in memory, the mesh2 approach was the easiest step to begin with. I only had to correct for quad -> triangle conversion to get (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License questions

(...) That's right. L3P also passes comment lines (line type 0) on to the POV code, but there's currently no disclaimer at the top. The coming release has this line at the top: // LDraw.org: (URL) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License questions

(...) I don't know about an official answer, but it's worth considering that L3P has been providing POV exports of LDraw models for over 9 years now, and as far as I know, nobody has complained. --Travis (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: POV-Ray help needed

(...) A few things. First of all, both the LDraw file format and the POV file format support hierarchical compositions, so I think it's a good idea to leave things in their original hierarchy. So, instead of having a POV object for each part that is (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License questions

(...) Anybody... ? An alfa version of a pov export you'll find here: (URL) would really like to get an 'official' answer to this. (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  POV-Ray help needed

Hello all, I have been busy with POV-Ray export for LD4DStudio now and then for about two weeks now. It comes along quite nicely, but the results can be better. I am no POV-Ray expert so I'm looking for some tips from experienced users. An example (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  inlining parts with correct winding information

I am confused. Maybe someone can help me. If I have a file that is CW and I have a subfile that is CCW. I want to inline that subfile without having additional BFC statements. As far as I have understand BFC I have to rewind the lines in the (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

(...) be sure I've tried all sorts of combinations but I get the triangles simulating the ndis primitives only in one corner, while it looks like that the other corners get merged: (URL) there something I haven't taken in consideration? BTW I use (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

Hi Willy (...) There already exists such an option : -o4 : no merge to quadrangles All the options are listed here (URL) Would it further be possible to mirror all points on the y-axes right away with (...) Have you considered using a subpart the (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

Hi Marc, authoring this part (URL) tried to simulate LDraw's "ndis" primitives to ease the substitution once the part is in dat shape. The STL preview showed the triangles at the corners of the various cylinders but it looks like STL2DAT merges (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) I should be more clear with VB. I am talking about VBExpress that is a NET Framework language. As far as I understand with the NET Framework it is possible to use a DLL that is written in VB also with the other Framework languages. So maybe it (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) I really should have responded to your original message before posting my message about LDView's parser. As far as I'm concerned, having a public VB parser for LDraw files would be great. I won't use it, but if others find it useful, that's (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) I know that LDView is a very good tool. And I know also that the code is under GPL. But there are people out there (me too) that do not know about C or C++. So it would be great to have a DLL to handle the core methods (and maybe objects) for (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

I forgot to mention something fairly important (which may be obvious). LDLoader is a library for loading LDraw files into an internal memory format that is easy to deal with. It handle parsing, error checking (and reporting, via callbacks), and some (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) For what it's worth, LDView is Open Source (GPL v2), and all of its LDraw file loading code is kept in a separate library (which I call LDLoader). This library depends on one other of my libraries (which I call TCFoundation, short for Travis (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) I like the idea, I had some head breakers while trying to read LDraw files correctly the first time (especially regarding to reading recursive winding information). But I think, if there was going to be an 'official' LDraw api it should be (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  License questions

Hello All, I'm starting work on POV-Ray export for my LD4DStudio project and was wondering about the LDraw license. I'm planning to generate POV-Ray files/objects per highlevel LDraw part. In the resulting source I will include all '0' lines from (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) I like the idea. Naturally, I would like a portable LDraw library even better. How useful would a VB library be to Linux or Mac LDraw users? (There are at least a few!) In any case, a generic API could certainly make it easier to create new (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

Is there anybody that it interested in an dll that comes with objects and methods to handle ldraw related files? It would not be for showing the parts but could be base to develop that. Any comments are welcome. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 17-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Hi Mike, Yes, I considered this possibility in the beginning, but I was not convinced by the vectorization process. One key issue is that silk-screened parts are far from perfect (misprints, color registration problems...). I found that (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

Reading your tutorial made me wonder whether scans of the orignal parts could be vectorized using Inkscape (Inkscape includes an automatic raster-to-vector converter). The resultant SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) file could then maybe be converted (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Parts requests? (re: x136 and 50944px1)

(...) Excellent... Thank you Philippe! Ryan (16 years ago, 26-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Retrieving tabular/csv inventories of individual sets

Does Peeron provide downloadable tab-delimited inventories for individual sets? I am aware of the "Export My Parts" feature, but as far as I can see that provides an aggregate list of parts from all sets in a user's collection. Is there a way to (...) (16 years ago, 20-May-08, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact