 CAD / Development / 10915
Re: Anyone working on 60478 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:18:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, William R. Ward wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, William R. Ward wrote:
I can't find this part in any parts library, unofficial or otherwise:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/60478

Has anyone worked on it?

It seems to me that it would be similar enough to 48336, which does exist in the
unofficial parts library, that it wouldn't be too hard, no?

An unofficial version was posted to the Parts Tracker on Saturday by Michael
Heidemann

<http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/60478.dat>

Chris

That didn't turn up in my Google search.  I downloaded his file and am using it
instead of mine.

What happens if two people develop the same part?  Are both eligible for voting?

I wouldn't rely on Google - if you know the part number it is far easier to use
the "lookup" box on almost every page of the Parts Tracker
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/>.

There has not been voting on parts submissions for many years now - there is a
review and certification process, however.

My suggestion would be:
- before you start to author a part, check if it has already been done.
- don't attempt to submit another version of a part that's already on the Parts
Tracker without contacting the submittor of the first version.

Chris