 CAD / Development / 10907
Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 09:39:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Heidemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Heidemann wrote:
The new version of LETGUI (http://letgui.mikeheide.kilu.de) is now available.
Also the updated version of some tools (mentioned here
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=10902) are in the installer. Some improvements
also to LETGUI. Also Edger is now included, some default values for Coverer and
Intersector are changed and the list of tools is now sorted to better find the
required tool.

Have fun!

cu
mikeheide

Looks nifty! Is it possible to set it up towards other than your tools, like LDS
and MFHead?

/Tore

At present all supported tools are hard coded. So I can add also other tools if
needed. The idea of LETGUI was to have a starter for little command line tools
like those from Philo and some others. I never have used LDS but just have had a
look on the webpages (http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-20413/lds/lds.htm) and I think
I will add it with the next release if you want. Do I have your permission to
put also the files in the installer?
For MFHead I can not found any information how to use, so I am unable to put
that into the next release.

cu
mikeheide

There's a much more recent version of LDS at
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDraw/lds/lds.htm
(I am unable to edit anything at my "swipnet" pages since I changed ISP to Telia
and can't reach Tele2's (ie swipnet) FTP service anymore.)

MFHead is still highly unofficial and doesn't even support command line
parameters yet. So no wonder you haven't found any info.

I think it wouldn't be too hard to make LETGUI as flexible as I remember LDAO
and LDDPad. Just let the user add tools at will and set up the shell program to
send them the proper arguments.

I'm sorry, I now recall one thing about LDS that makes it complicated to just
implicate in a generic shell program. It outputs error codes, that's one if the
main reasons I asked Anders to create a tailor made shell program to it. And I
don't even remember the format of those codes. But yet, I think the use of tools
like MFHead would be much simplified with LETGUI if only the user would be able
to define programs him-/herself. I love the idea of one centralized tool
launcher instead of browsing in and out folders using Windows Explorer or to
have shortcut folders that tend to be flooded. And I think LETGUI or a program
in its likeness could become just that tool I'm looking for!

/Tore