 CAD / Development / 10880
10879  |  10881
Subject:
POV-Ray help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:04:46 GMT

Hello all,

I have been busy with POV-Ray export for LD4DStudio now and then for
about two weeks now.

It comes along quite nicely, but the results can be better. I am no
POV-Ray expert so I'm looking for some tips from experienced users.

An example of the current results you'll find here:

http://www.ld4dstudio.nl/action/download/povrayTest01.rar

it's an 33000 :) lines .pov file and the bmp it generates. I also
included a BMP of the corresponding LD4DStudio OpenGL rendering.

The result Is not bad but I think it's kinda dark. Also I'm struggling
to get the view (composition) exactly the same as in OpenGL.

Of course most of the work must be done by tweaking the materials (I
used the l3p finish settings for the time being).

But maybe people can give me pointers/tips whom help improve the result.

Any comment is welcome

Roland