 CAD / Development / 10933
Re: 3D matrix math question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 21:29:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Heidemann wrote:
   I am not the best in 3D, but if something outside the view frustum, you do not need to draw that. If you have the special case that only parts of what you should draw are outside the view frustum, I would go to calculate that values for a viewpoint far away, that all of the model is in the view frustum and then I keep that values and do a zoom.

In the case that exhibits the bug, the control points are outside the frustum, but the conditional line itself isn’t. So I still need to decide whether or not to draw the conditional line. In this case, it was being drawn at times that it shouldn’t have been.

I’m going to try Tim’s suggestion of pulling the control points toward the conditional line. I think that will solve the problem.

--Travis