 CAD / 15838
Re: Conditional Ring primitive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:32:10 GMT

I just noticed something else while investigating a fix for the above problem.
The above model could really use a circular conditional edge primitive.  I would
vote for x-ycedge.dat as the filename (ie 1-4cedge.dat, 4-4cedge.dat,
1-16cedge.dat).  What are people's thoughts on adding that?

That's a primitive I have been longing for... but I realized it is impossible to
build: where would you put the control lines? The top control points would need
to be scaled differently from bottom ones to match various cylinders/cones
configurations.

But if you prove me wrong and find a way...

Philo