 CAD / Development / 10887
Re: POV-Ray help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:05:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Roland Melkert wrote:
That could be interesting, My problem at the moment is indeed finding
the correct camera angle. Point is I do not (always) have access to
OpenGL during export so I have to recreate the camera with the eye, up
and lookat vectors I also us for gluLookAt. I also copy the 60 degree
FOV I use in gluPerspective.

But like said this does not give the wanted result, the 'zoom' is off. I
am now looking into using the OpenGL frustum as a starting point in
finding the angle.

I believe that POV's FOV is the horizontal field of view, while OpenGL's is
vertical field of view.  So you have to convert from one to the other (which I
do in LDView).  Set your rendering window in both the OpenGL view and the POV
rendering to square to check if this is your problem.  If the views come out the
same, you'll know that you have found the problem.

--Travis