 CAD / Development / *2571 (-100)
  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) It's still together (other than a bit here and there). I don't have room to re-assimilate it into the collective. (...) Sounds good to me. Keep up the good work. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts with odd angles

Good point, Fredrik. I don't see putting the angle in the actual description line (due to space constraints), but it would be possible to at least add it into the file for reference. Perhaps put it into the "KEYWORDS" statement, then it would at (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: why are people not saying things about my parts?

(...) If you send them, PLEASE check the files over beforehand. Make sure the headers are formatted. CAPITALIZE where necessary. Trim un-needed comments and "0 Inline" lines. (if a line has no useful purpose, get rid of it) And make sure each file (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Parts Update 9905

(...) Mike Stanley has been mirroring (well, at least providing an alternate download) on his site for a long time. I recommend to everyone to bookmark it for those times the connection is bad across the pond.(1) (URL) might be nice to make this an (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Parts with odd angles

I've recently had some trouble using parts which use some odd angles. I'll give some examples: o When using the 2904.DAT "Technic Motorcycle Pivot", one needs to find out the angle of the pivot (15°) before it is at all useable. I found the angle by (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: POV & Ldraw convertors?

(...) Any one know where to get these convertors??? Eric (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: what name do we use for sets like 1749?

(...) We could add something like: 0 XXXX (No Official Name Given) in the header to replace the set name. All more things I need to take into account when I make online instructions for creating models for the OMR... (but keep sending them, lets fix (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: why are people not saying things about my parts?

(...) i did repost the raised baseplate. thanks for the feedback on the other 2. i think i will send most of my parts to terry and see what happens. (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: what name do we use for sets like 1749?

for sets that are genuinly unnamed, what do we do? (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: POV & Ldraw convertors?

i too would like a pov to 3ds convertor. then i can convert some pieces from some pov-ray lego libraries to 3ds then via max2dat... there was a ldraw 2 dxf convertor and there is also a program called 3dwin that can read ldraw .dat files... (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: what name do we use for sets like 1749?

(...) #1749 has no official name (according to the polybag). In this case, however, there is a sister-set #1806 which came in a box and it was named "Aquanaut Paravane" (not sure how someone figured this out, since that's not on the box...maybe they (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: advice on how to do classic space planet logo

(...) Just like any other torso - split the design into quads and triangles, so that at regular magnification your design is a good representation of the original. I try to make mine look good at x4, so that at x1 they look even better. Please be (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: reference guide and OMR

(...) Ok. Could you find the corresponding US set number and name and make duplicate files under the US naming system? I believe we agreed to duplicate these models so they can be found under both numbers and names. (...) Great! (...) Cool. (...) I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  POV & Ldraw convertors?

After trying several conversion programs, I cannot find one that will convert POV to any format. All seem to take OBJ, 3DS, DXF, etc, and send them to POV formats rather than the reverse. Here's the idea. I would like to animate some Ldraw models in (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: why are people not saying things about my parts?

I commented on three of them, and have yet to see acknowlegement/thanks/follow-up questions. Also, many of them are baseplate patterns, which I don't comment on since I don't have many. -John Van Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

You'll just have to approximate with quads. -John Van Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote in message news:378B36B8.9B8982...ail.com... (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: why are people not saying things about my parts?

(...) It's because you posted a ton of them all at once, and nobody has that much time. At least, that's my reason. After the first couple of files, my eyes glazed over, and I just kept hitting the "Next" button. Steve (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  advice on how to do classic space planet logo

i currently have 1 classic space astronaut torso in my posession. anyone have any ideas on how to do the planet logo? the problem is the weird curves on the part... it is not just regular rings etc... (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  reference guide and OMR

Hi, I've read the newsgroups and am willing to do contribute following parts: OMR (European numbers) working on: 8845 small technic red jeep, main model 100% done, all parts official available 8860 large super car, 90 % done, working on the 7 hoses (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  why are people not saying things about my parts?

why are people not saying things about my parts? is it because they are good or because they suck too much to say anything about them? are they ready to submit yet? (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  what name do we use for sets like 1749?

what name do we use for sets like 1749? the only name given in the pause database is {unnamed}. (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: #ldraw on IRC

(...) Just go through mirc and you can get there, the channel is #ldraw. As of now, I'm on vancouver.bc.ca.dal.net -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 If someone tells you you're worth your weight in gold, fatten up. (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: #ldraw on IRC

which IRC server??? (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  #ldraw on IRC

I just set up the channel #ldraw on IRC if people are interested in chatting about LDraw. Please stop by, I'll leave it on when I'm on IRC. I'd like a few operators if people are interested, but would prefer they are more experienced with the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Parts Update 9905

(...) Possibly. For me it works now, but didn't for a little bit this afternoon. A mirror would be good as long as it can be done cleanly and the primary site linked to would be the original at (URL) I do have a volunteer to host a mirror. -Tim <>< (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Parts Update 9905

I still can't access the site. It keeps looking and looking and never finds anything. Yesterday I tried around 2AM EST (USA) and today I tried it around 9PM. Maybe we need a mirror site here in the US? Thanks, Adam Jacob Sparre Andersen (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  My first part

I hope I'm doing this right. I posted a part to ../.dat.parts. This being the very first part I've attempted, I welcome as much critisizm as you can throw at me. (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Parts Update 9905

(...) Wow! Is there any way for us to work around that? Is it connected through underwater cable or satellite? A lot of the ldraw.org users are located in the US and Canada. -Tim Courtney ldraw.org Project Coordinator (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: How about some link images?

(...) images. When I finish some of mine I'll stick up a page. Thanks! BTW - I was thinking of doing linkexchange size and full size banners similar to that, probably with a few more words and a wireframe ldraw model in the background... -Tim <>< (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) I agree as well. (...) I like your rendering! :) What kind of ships are those? -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 If someone tells you you're worth your weight in gold, fatten up. (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Awww, c'mon! :) Well, at least you can leave it together lest there be some rare case I'm in Phoenix... ;) (...) The layout (for the main page) is like it is right now. It will be updated with what's going on, and in a little bit I'll take (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Yes, poo on advertising. And yes, my goal is the clean and professional look as well. Does someone want to volunteer to work with the model of the month aspect? Use the main template to generate a page for it. Also a submission system. Jacob (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Dutch translation

Jaco: (...) Sounds good. I look forward to get the tranlations. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Dutch translation

I am busy doing the Dutch translation for ldraw.org. I am planning to get it done by the end of July. The Dutch community (lugnet.loc.nl) is busy discussing and voting for the best words. Later perhaps I can begin translation entire texts. (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Adam Howard: (...) www.ldraw.org has not been down for the last ten days (I had to shut it down then to install more memory), and I haven't got any problem reports within Denmark. ... but the connection across the Atlantic seems to be horrible[1] at (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: How about some link images?

I think the top title banner (headline_en.gif) would suffice if you scale it down a bit. Like this: (URL) Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.199907...omm.com... (...) could (...) see (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Parts Update 9905

I think ldraw.org is down. I've tried for the past hour and can't access the new parts update. Anyone checked on this recently? Thanks, Adam Terry K <legoverse@geocities.com> wrote in message news:37809af8.615130...net.com... (...) site (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: if i modeled the monorail points would i have to model the inside?

(...) Get to the point, Tim! MMMwahhahahah... sorry it's hot here in Sweden - very hot... (25 years ago, 11-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: can i use a povray library as a reference?

(...) i decided to abandon the idea after i ran into some snags getting the povray files into something i could use. (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) No argument from me. That is pretty much how part voting has evolved. (devolved?) Sometimes, a contrary decision must be made. (...) Yes. We could do it somewhat like the entries in the IRTC: (URL) I don't mean to say a full-blown competition, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Uhh, thanks. But I ain't about to do that in LDraw. :-) (...) Exactly that type of thing. But the min/max height will really be dependant on the space you allot the image on the page. And don't forget width - you might have to have width (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) That sounds good. I was just fretting over the blatant plugs. A title or graphic that adds to the appeal of the image is great. I worry most about the keeping the overall look clean and professional. I would hate to see blatant promotion or (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: can i use a povray library as a reference?

(...) You have to ask the question: How accurate is the pov library reference? And I don't mean "it looks good", but how dimensionally accurate is it? Without knowing that for sure, there is no way to answer your question. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: if i modeled the monorail points would i have to model the inside?

(...) that and the points are not mine so i do not want to take them apart. (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: if i modeled the monorail points would i have to model the inside?

(...) *big groan* uggg..... -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 If someone tells you you're worth your weight in gold, fatten up. (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  if i modeled the monorail points would i have to model the inside?

if i modeled the monorail points would i have to model the inside? i do not particularly want to as it would mean more work for me... (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How about some link images?

(...) Good idea. I'll whip up some tonight. (...) I'll definitely keep that in mind. (...) :) If others would like to try their hand at images incorporating an LDraw creation or two that would be nice. Also, try to keep the font Lucida Console - if (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  How about some link images?

Has anyone thought about some link-images for ldraw.org, that people could use on their web-pages? Similar to the ones Todd created for people to link to Lugnet, look at (URL) to see what I mean. It would be really nice if the ldraw.org images would (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw Webring Info

As I said in a previous post, I have set up an LDraw Webring for use on ldraw.org. It will be a few days getting it set up, but most of the content I am taking from the Lego Maniac's Webring and reformatting it. I would like to offer a selection of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  can i use a povray library as a reference?

can i use a povray library as a reference? i have one that has a part i want (the lower_trainnose to be exact) amd i planned to use the povray object as a reference to model the part in ldraw. (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Right. LDraw can be used as the base for an LDLite rendering, a Povray image, VRML walkthrough, etc, ad infinitum. (...) Correct. As long as the text enhances the image and doesn't put some website name over it, go for it. (...) That's what I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Large is good, either way though. Whatever you feel is your best work and whatever you would like to see there. Povray would be best, but ldlite is acceptable. You can do artificial backdrops, see the nebula backdrop on the featured Explorien (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Yes. (...) Good plan. (...) Right. IMO a good rendering is a good rendering (Ldraw, ldlite, pov..), whether or not it contains a TLG model or an MOC. We would like to see MOC's, but still, some TLG models are very nicely done. Like the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Right. I see what you're saying. But obviously no 'mypage.com' or '(c) Jonh Doe' etc.. -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 If someone tells you you're worth your weight in gold, fatten up. (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Lego Maniac's Webring?

(...) Actually, the plan with the Lego Maniac's Webring is to eventually have themed 'subrings' that operate either as a part of the whole ring or surfers can search categorized sites. So its its separate ring, but it can be in a sense integrated. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Lego Maniac's Webring?

(...) Cool! I don't see any real reason to join them, though, since they're conceptually different. There are those who are justifiably Lego Maniacs who don't use LDraw (Ed Boxer comes to mind). I'm sure that with a little homework, one could find a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  (canceled)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

Hello! The site is so great! Even if I suspect I can learn the technic skills to do the same job, I am definitively missing the artistic/aestetic touch to reach the quality we can see here. Thanks for doing that, Tim bye jp (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Newsgroup for this (was Re: The Bricktionary project)

(...) Right. Identification and reference and browsing and all that. Massively cross-referenced within itself and to/from set inventories, MOC's, and the marketplace. So it's really a sub-database of the larger database. The "Brictionary" part is (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newsgroup for this (was Re: The Bricktionary project)

(...) Steve, I totally agree what is needed is a complete classification/taxonomy system so you can find a part. The naming component is useful and interesting but this project should be a parts database not just a name database. If the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Personally I prefer Gary Istoc. ;-) [f-up set to lugnet.off-topic.fun] -Tom McD. when replying, spamcake roping has just been outlawed by the Montana Rodeo Commission. (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Certain texts are tacky. But some would be very cool. Anything that adds to the image would be good. Steve (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New Palm Tree (was: Re: Another part variation)

(...) Aren't they horrible? The new tree would be somewhat defensible if it held together. But it's more fragile than the old multi-part trees. One step backward, and two steps back. Steve (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Bricktionary project (Was: Idea: How starting ... Lego piece naming convention?)

(...) Great. I'd love to contribute to the Lugnet Bricktionary in any way possible. Of course, I'd love to contribute to just about any effort to establish a public db for part identification and reference. Steve (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Newsgroup for this (was Re: The Bricktionary project)

(...) Sounds good. Right place in the hierarchy. (...) And it's not actually part names, but a parts identification database, right? Having standard/prefered names is good, but it's the pictures (and maybe schematics) that actually identify the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

Doesn't seem like they were hidden to me. Just go to "www.lugnet.com", then click on the "Set Inventory Repository" link under "Links & Resources" at the left side of the page, and then select the "800 Town, Train, and other sets inventoried by Tim (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Newsgroup for this (was Re: The Bricktionary project)

This seems like it is reaching critical mass (a good thing) and perhaps at this point a dedicated newsgroup should be created for this (i.e., efforts to standardize parts nomenclature). How does lugnet.db.brictionary sound? I wouldn't quite put it (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Maniac's Webring?

(...) Good idea. I created the LDraw Webring, Webring id 'ldraw.' It will be a few days before I have it online though. It will be based out of ldraw.org, but there is a possibility in the future of integrating it with the Lego Maniac's Webring if (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: The Bricktionary project (Was: Idea: How starting ... Lego piece naming convention?)

(...) Oops -- I think there has been a major misunderstanding; that's not what I meant at all. When I wrote: TSL> As they say in Canada, Minnesota, and Maine, "O-ya, it's been parta da TSL> plan since day one." :-) Lots of little prototypes and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Maniac's Webring?

(...) Why not create a ldraw.org Webring? Actually, why not do both? Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Lego Maniac's Webring?

Should I put ldraw.org in the Lego Maniac's Webring? I can have it done in seconds since I'm the ringmaster. Advantages, disadvantages? I don't think ldraw.org is struggling for hits, but still the ring might benefit it (and definitely whoever's (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Another part variation

(...) Plant those new hurricane proof palm trees! Just kiddin', just the other day I had the new tree in my hands for the first time. Yuck. Julie (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  Another part variation

obPartTrivia: Anyone notice that there are[1] two different versions of the "Palm Tree Trunk Segment"? One is 40LDU[2] tall, the other is 44LDU tall. The difference is in the male connector on the bottom of the part. The shorter version appears to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) I guess it looks fine with a "K"Gary Istok (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) And don't forget to include the folks in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan or Yoopers as they are called. "Dey talk like dat too". (...) I like it! Especially without a "K". John Matthews brought up an interesting point about not calling (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Ok, I could go with: 1x2 45 degree slope, half pyramid Here's an attempt at the rest of the more or less normal slope parts: 1x2 45 degree slope 2x2 45 degree slope 3x2 45 degree slope (3) ... 1x2 45 degree slope, peak 2x2 45 degree slope, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Cool. BTW - just checked out your OLV - BREATHTAKING MODEL! (...) I would say 200 pixels wide, required. Min height 100, max height 200. .jpg format. No text over image. The image will get a caption and a link to the owner's site (or model of (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) I agree! You read my mind. Steve (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) That's what I thought when I read your earlier post. It would be very intriguing to see what images people can create, using LDraw as a base tool, but not limited to that. For example, Terry suggested that no text be allowed over the image. I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: The Bricktionary project (Was: Idea: How starting ... Lego piece naming convention?)

[Followup-To set to lugnet.admin.database -- can we please corral this (important) discussion to one location? It's getting cross-posted to too many ng's] (...) I've got some LDraw-to-AucZILLA cross-reference information. Let me dig it out... (...) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Bricktionary project (Was: Idea: How starting ... Lego piece naming convention?)

(...) lists (...) lot (...) Two other resources come to mind: Lutz Uhlmann's Parts Reference at: (URL) reference of technic parts at: (URL) of these cover lots of parts not done in LDraw, and the Technica pages even have images of parts not LDrawn. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  The Bricktionary project (Was: Idea: How starting ... Lego piece naming convention?)

Hello everybody, In an earlier post in this thread I stated that I would start to make a list containing the various names for each LEGO part. As many parts have different names in different auctions, programms and inventories it is sometimes hard (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

I see I didn't answer Fredrik's questions clearly. I'll try one more time: (...) That means: - The size doesn't really matter. - Neither does the tools (but POV-Ray makes the most impressive images). - And the same with artificially made backdrops (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Those were just examples anyways. :) But I still Think "half-pyramid" is intuitive than "end cap". Jeff - "That is definitely *not* an ordinary spell!" (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

Fredrik Glöckner: (...) I certainly do. (...) I would like something that shows off the posibilities with LDraw and related tools. The two important rules are[1]: 1) Include a description of how you made the image. 2) Include the LDraw file with the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) I'm sure there are lots of people who don't post on lugnet.cad.dat.models. Besides, some people probably have a large backcatalogue of models which can be used. Still, once a month sounds good to me, too. That way, it will not impose too much (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  i have finally got some real lego to work from

i have finally got some real lego to work from, thanks to my brothers friend. some of the parts i have include: 9v battery box monorail motor monorail wagon plate and bogie all the track from the unitron monorail the blacktron II large logo panel (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Since people use many other tools than just LDraw and l2p/l3p, it is probably not a good idea to demand a _machine_ friendly explanation of the path from DAT file to finished image. It is actually more important that it is _user_ friendly, if (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

John: (...) It should be working now. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

Tim: (...) I would like to have "advisory voting". People get to vote, but whoever is responsible has the final word. (...) Looking at lugnet.cad.dat.models, I would say a month. Only three new models in the last week (and there should be _some_ (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Thank You

Count me in if you need any help! I am doing the Dutch translation now. If there is anything more to translate in Dutch, mail me! Good work, again! -- Greetingz... Sjaacko Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

Good! Steady design: simple, yet effective and very nice. If you where Dutch, I would have offered you a job at my company as webdesigner. I am currently very busy with the Dutch translations, of which I am foreman now. About the 2nd August we (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

Terry: (...) I think the most important rule is that the submission should be a LDraw file and instructions for creating the image. That way others can learn from some good examples. 1) LDraw file 2) Arguments for l2p or l3p 3) Modification of the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Cool. Thanks Jacob, Tim. I might do a couple myself. Maybe it would be a good idea to devise a list of rules for submitting images? Max and minimum dimensional size, format, file size, restrict/allow text over the image, that sort of thing? (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

(...) Hip, Hip, Hooray! Excellent work, Tim. You have created a site with a lot of polish and respectability. Outstanding job. Thanks so much for all the hard work, -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) They weren't. (...) They were discussed openly -- several times. Probably the reason they were easy to miss was because they were discussed in RTL, where things get lost easily and it's harder to go dig stuff up later. --Todd (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) hey, how come these thing were keep in the dark? thing like that should have been open to public long ago. Martin (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Secret LUGNET areas, ldraw image databases, (was piece naming conventions)

(...) If those pages were too easy to find, it would intimidate people. No one wants to get their feet wet at a site when they think they have to register first to do anything. Note that there are so many sites out there that make you actually (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  "Discoloration" on piece 30372(sw windshield)

I was just looking through the instrucions for the x-wing fighter and saw that the "discoloration" on this piece was supposed to be a pattern. Go to (URL) (a scan from the instructions) to see what I mean. --Calvin Walton (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact