Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:27:31 GMT

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:47:34 GMT, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre
Andersen) wrote:

I wrote:

Preferrably should this information be submitted in a
machine friendly form (i.e. #3 should be a "diff" file), so
I can set up a script to generate the POV-Ray file and the
image.

Since people use many other tools than just LDraw and
l2p/l3p, it is probably not a good idea to demand a
_machine_ friendly explanation of the path from DAT file to
finished image. It is actually more important that it is
_user_ friendly, if we are to learn other peoples tricks.

That's what I thought when I read your earlier post.  It would be very
intriguing to see what images people can create, using LDraw as a base
tool, but not limited to that.

For example, Terry suggested that no text be allowed over the image.  I
think some text would be very appropriate.  But someone might create an
image which looks like the opening to a space opera movie.  Titles would
make sense in an image like that.

What would be great is if the initial image was a link to a page (or pages)
describing how and why the image was created, along with supporting files,
like the DAT(s).

Steve