Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 09:32:16 GMT

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999 22:21:36 GMT, Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:

At 09:27 AM 7/8/99 , Steve Bliss wrote:
That's what I thought when I read your earlier post.  It would be very
intriguing to see what images people can create, using LDraw as a base
tool, but not limited to that.

Right.  LDraw can be used as the base for an LDLite rendering, a Povray
image, VRML walkthrough, etc, ad infinitum.

For example, Terry suggested that no text be allowed over the image.  I
think some text would be very appropriate.  But someone might create an
image which looks like the opening to a space opera movie.  Titles would
make sense in an image like that.

Correct.  As long as the text enhances the image and doesn't put some
website name over it, go for it.

That sounds good.  I was just fretting over the blatant plugs.  A title or
graphic that adds to the appeal of the image is great.    I worry most about
the keeping the overall look clean and professional.  I would hate to see
blatant promotion or (gasp) advertising on the opening page.

-- Terry K --