Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:35:44 GMT

At 03:33 AM 7/8/99 , Terry K wrote:
Cool.   Thanks Jacob, Tim.   I might do a couple myself.

Cool.  BTW - just checked out your OLV - BREATHTAKING MODEL!

Maybe it would be a good idea to devise a list of rules for submitting images?
Max and minimum dimensional size, format, file size, restrict/allow text over
the image, that sort of thing?

I would say 200 pixels wide, required.  Min height 100, max height
200.  .jpg format.  No text over image.  The image will get a caption and a
link to the owner's site (or model of month site, which will review and
link there).

(personally, I would rather not see any text on the images. No "go to my site
at www.blah.com and such)
That way, you wouldn't have to do any tweaking.

No text, that's tachy, right.

And you might want to be an arbiter of quality.  Or you could be committing
yourself to display of anything that is submitted.  I am sure that most images
submitted will be fine, but you might also get some that don't quite look
good.
Letting it be known that submission does not guarantee display might be wise.

True.

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

If someone tells you you're worth your weight in gold, fatten up.