Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 06:52:39 GMT

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 05:15:44 GMT, Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:

At 05:52 PM 7/6/99 , Todd Lehman wrote:
Hey yeah, a daily, weekly, or monthly featured-model thingy could be a lot
of fun for people!

BTW, have you ever seen Joe Lauher's pages?

   http://www.chem.sunysb.edu/msl/lego/homepage.html

He did a model-a-month thing a while back for official TLG models (he built
them and then took photos), and he's also got a cool image along the top of
his page which shows a variety of elements (although they're mostly Technic-
oriented).

Just more food for thought.

I didn't take a serious look at the site until today.  He did a nice job at
it and I like reading about the models of the month.  Good system he has
come up with.  About the image, it was good for the page and for a header
logo use, but still not quite sthe style I would look for in a front teaser
image on the ldraw.org site.

Keep feeding my brain :)

More feed:

It would be interesting to have a pool of similar-sized images that the server
could select from to display when a visitor arrives.  That way, it would be a
different image each time.    (sorry for the fractured explanation - what I'm
thinking of and what I write seem to be divergent today)

-- Terry K --