Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 22:03:37 GMT

At 04:21 AM 7/8/99 , Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Tim:

Should we go the voting route and let the visitors choose the model of the
week/month from the pile?

I would like to have "advisory voting". People get to vote,
but whoever is responsible has the final word.

Yes.

Or should we do that ourselves and rotate them some?  And
what should it be, week or month?

Looking at lugnet.cad.dat.models, I would say a month. Only
three new models in the last week (and there should be
_some_ competition).

Good plan.

Should we accept renderings of TLG models as well like
Kevin Bane's Explorien Starship?

If people can learn a bit about drawing LEGO models from it,
I think it would be ok.

Right.  IMO a good rendering is a good rendering (Ldraw, ldlite, pov..),
whether or not it contains a TLG model or an MOC.  We would like to see
MOC's, but still, some TLG models are very nicely done.  Like the starship
for example.

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

If someone tells you you're worth your weight in gold, fatten up.