Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:33:25 GMT

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:39:37 GMT, Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:

At 04:28 AM 7/7/99 , Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Terry:

It would be interesting to have a pool of similar-sized
images that the server could select from to display when a
visitor arrives.  That way, it would be a different image
each time. (sorry for the fractured explanation - what I'm
thinking of and what I write seem to be divergent today)

Sounds like a nice idea.

I could set something like that up - if somebody just
collects and organises the images.

Yes, good idea, Terry.  I think we should go that route.  Right now I'm
awaiting the delivery of a rendering of a truck for the first image.  We
can proceed to collect images for this slot at this time.  A good 10 or 15
of them would be nice.  I could do a couple myself.

Cool.   Thanks Jacob, Tim.   I might do a couple myself.
Maybe it would be a good idea to devise a list of rules for submitting images?
Max and minimum dimensional size, format, file size, restrict/allow text over
the image, that sort of thing?
(personally, I would rather not see any text on the images. No "go to my site
at www.blah.com and such)
That way, you wouldn't have to do any tweaking.

And you might want to be an arbiter of quality.  Or you could be committing
yourself to display of anything that is submitted.  I am sure that most images
submitted will be fine, but you might also get some that don't quite look good.
Letting it be known that submission does not guarantee display might be wise.

-- Terry K --