Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 22:45:31 GMT

At 04:57 PM 7/6/99 , Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
Yeah.  But explain sharp/pointy more - the shape of the model with the
nose, wings, and weapons??

I'm no psychologist, so I can't back up any of this with scientific evidence,
but I just meant that perhaps a model that was so pointy and sharp might be
more intimidating to certain types of new people stopping by than a model
that was smoother and/or more recognizable as something seen on Earth.

Right.  What you're saying makes sense 100%.  Though buried in the
subconsciousness of the viewer, it does play a part in how they will feel
about the site and about the software by the model.

Know what I mean?  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the model
that's currently there -- I think it's wonderful and looks great -- but I'm
a space-head, so I'm totally biased.

Hehe :)  As you can see, I'm a space-head too.  But yeah, down to earth
sounds much more practical (no pun intended).  As I previously mentioned,
the model I'm seriously looking at is a semi truck with trailer.

You may find someday that something else catches a slightly wider range of
appeal.

Yeah.  I would like to give variety with this image slot.  The main page of
ldraw.org will be changing often with new information and news, so why not
change the image on the front?  Of course, we could archive past features
for fans to return and find out just who made the model and where to go to
see it full sized.  If we didn't do that, it might disappoint some people.

Just a thought!  Do with it what you will.  :)

Thanks!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

If someone tells you you're worth your weight in gold, fatten up.