Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 09:37:12 GMT

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:35:44 GMT, Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:

At 03:33 AM 7/8/99 , Terry K wrote:
Cool.   Thanks Jacob, Tim.   I might do a couple myself.

Cool.  BTW - just checked out your OLV - BREATHTAKING MODEL!

Uhh, thanks.  But I ain't about to do that in LDraw.  :-)

Maybe it would be a good idea to devise a list of rules for submitting images?
Max and minimum dimensional size, format, file size, restrict/allow text over
the image, that sort of thing?

I would say 200 pixels wide, required.  Min height 100, max height
200.  .jpg format.  No text over image.  The image will get a caption and a
link to the owner's site (or model of month site, which will review and
link there).

Exactly that type of thing.  But the min/max height will really be dependant on
the space you allot the image on the page.  And don't forget width - you might
have to have width restrictions as well, depending on how you format the
layout.

I would recommend not linking directly to the owners site.  But rather to a
subpage where further info is available (like those submission rules)

-- Terry K --