Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:09:51 GMT

Terry:

Maybe it would be a good idea to devise a list of rules
for submitting images?  Max and minimum dimensional size,
format, file size, restrict/allow text over the image,
that sort of thing?

I think the most important rule is that the submission
should be a LDraw file and instructions for creating the
image. That way others can learn from some good examples.

1) LDraw file
2) Arguments for l2p or l3p
3) Modification of the POV-Ray file (could be empty)
4) Arguments for POV-Ray
5) Shown section of the rendered image

Preferrably should this information be submitted in a
machine friendly form (i.e. #3 should be a "diff" file), so
I can set up a script to generate the POV-Ray file and the
image.

And you might want to be an arbiter of quality.

Of cause (or at least of what I want on my harddrive :-).

Letting it be known that submission does not guarantee
display might be wise.

Yes.

Play well,

Jacob