Re: reference guide and OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:59:40 GMT

At 07:13 AM 7/13/99 , Bart Titulaer wrote:
Hi,

I've read the newsgroups and am willing to do contribute following parts:

OMR (European numbers)
working on:
8845 small technic red jeep, main model 100% done, all parts official
available
8860 large super car, 90 % done, working on the 7 hoses and the last 10
pieces, but three pieces are not available:

Ok.  Could you find the corresponding US set number and name and make
duplicate files under the US naming system?  I believe we agreed to
duplicate these models so they can be found under both numbers and names.

* old technic engine piston (brick like 2x2, 1 height used in older technic
model motors) (70%)
* a tap-like element (0%)
* large old technic steering wheel (0%)

I'm working on these three elements

Great!

some other plans, I prefer the large blue tractor and the yellow technic
plane.

Cool.

After completion of the above mentioned 2 models and 3 parts I think I've
enough experience in using ldraw/ledit, bezgen and ldao to make some
contributions to the reference-guide of lugnet.org.

Tim, In what form do you want the contributions, and which refernces are
needed most?

I would say new LDraw/LEdit manuals are needed for the site.  This isn't in
tutorial format, but manual format (possibly indexed).  After that, help
with L2P, L3P, and Povray (angles, colors variables in POV) would help a lot.

Formatting - do them in HTML, and use the ldraw.org main template at
http://www.ldraw.org/main-template.html (I'm starting to think more and
more that I should add a contribution instruction page on the site :D ) and
follow the instructions on headers and paragraphs.  From there we can offer
them in .pdf and other compression formats for download and viewing offline.

I know someone who has the Adobe Acrobat writer, but need to learn more
about what it can package (like what software to make the original in
before packaging as a .pdf).  If anyone knows about this, please enlighten me.

-Tim Courtney
  ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org
http://www.zacktron.com