Re: what name do we use for sets like 1749?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:04:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jonathan Wilson writes:
what name do we use for sets like 1749?
the only name given in the pause database is {unnamed}.

#1749 has no official name (according to the polybag).  In this case,
however, there is a sister-set #1806 which came in a box and it was named
"Aquanaut Paravane" (not sure how someone figured this out, since that's
not on the box...maybe they saw it in a catalog).  A retailer somewhere
might have information on the official name for #1749 from an old retail
catalog, if it did happen to have a name.

But note that many sets are actually unnamed, for example the two subsets
of #6799 or the two subsets of #1843.

--Todd