 CAD / Development / 2322
Re: LDraw Parts Update 9905
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:53:14 GMT

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 01:32:54 GMT, Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:

At 08:25 PM 7/12/99 , Adam Howard wrote:
I still can't access the site.  It keeps looking and looking and never finds
anything.  Yesterday I tried around 2AM EST (USA) and today I tried it
around 9PM.  Maybe we need a mirror site here in the US?
Thanks,
Adam

Possibly.  For me it works now, but didn't for a little bit this afternoon.

A mirror would be good as long as it can be done cleanly and the primary
site linked to would be the original at http://www.ldraw.org.  I do have a
volunteer to host a mirror.

Mike Stanley has been mirroring (well, at least providing an alternate
download) on his site for a long time.
I recommend to everyone to bookmark it for those times the connection is bad
across the pond.(1)

http://web.utk.edu/~mike/lcad/parts.htm

It might be nice to make this an actual 'mirror' of the official page, instead
of, as Mike says a "quick and dirty page".
But that is up to Mike and Tim to decide.

-- Terry K --
1.  I usually have no problems with the connection. *usually*
In fact, Jacobs server is usually faster than the old geocities site was.