 Off-Topic / Fun / 2096
Re: Lee Iacocca's Kevin Bacon number <= 3 (Was: LDraw Parts Update 9905)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 00:37:14 GMT

One of my ex co-workers is aces at this game, she could (properly staged
and prepped) consistently separate rubes from their beer money and thus
keep us liquid quite easily. And the speed at which she could fire off
connections was a sight to be seen.

According to her, the requirement is that the actor be listed in the
credits (against one of the roles) of a movie that was released to
theaters. Unlisted cameos don't count. People who are credited for being
behind the scenes (even if they are SAG members) don't count. TV movies
don't count. Straight to video doesn't count either.

So unless Frank Oz got a credit for BEING Yoda, he's not an actor for
that role.

There is actually a commercial version of the back to bacon game which I
have, but have never opened. Didn't see the point. There's also a web
site for capturing really neat links, but it's woefully out of date.

I feel the Oracle of Bacon is wrong because Frank did not have an
onscreen presence in the Muppet Movie, however I did a little IMDB
digging. IMDB is an impeccable resource and we usually used it as final
arbiter for disputes amongst ourselves. http://www.imdb.com/

Try this search:
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Oz,+Frank
Seems he was in Blues Brothers 2000 as an actor (not just voice).

This gives us

Frank Oz in BB 2000 with Dan Ackroyd
Dan Akroyd in She's Having A Baby with Kevin Bacon

so his Bacon Number is still 2.

lugnet.