 CAD / Development / 2328
Re: LDraw Parts Update 9905
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:35:24 GMT

At 02:53 AM 7/14/99 , Terry K wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 01:32:54 GMT, Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:
A mirror would be good as long as it can be done cleanly and the primary
site linked to would be the original at http://www.ldraw.org.  I do have a
volunteer to host a mirror.

Mike Stanley has been mirroring (well, at least providing an alternate
download) on his site for a long time.
I recommend to everyone to bookmark it for those times the connection is bad
across the pond.(1)

http://web.utk.edu/~mike/lcad/parts.htm

It might be nice to make this an actual 'mirror' of the official page, instead
of, as Mike says a "quick and dirty page".
But that is up to Mike and Tim to decide.

I wouldn't mind it, provided the primary url is http://www.ldraw.org.  The
connection has been phenomenal for me throughout the months of development
of ldraw.org, but as of recently I have seen the need for a US mirror.  I
know Zlatko Unger has not been able to connect to ldraw.org for a couple
days.  He's in Atlanta and I'm in Chicago, so obviously if I can get it its
a machine in his path that's gumming up the works.  Does anyone else still
have trouble connecting to ldraw.org?

-- Terry K --
1.  I usually have no problems with the connection. *usually*
In fact, Jacobs server is usually faster than the old geocities site was.

Yeah, same here.  Geocities is dog slow, and now that they've yahooed like
everyone else, its worse.

That's one thing I can't stand.  When internet companies take over other
internet companies that have been around for a while.  Even if you don't
like the company taken over, it still takes something away from the look &
feel of the internet.    Four11 is now Yahoo People Search, webring is now
a part of Geosucks, and we now have Yahoo! Geosucks.  I like plain Geosucks
myself.  And what's with the stupid Yahoo! exclamation mark???!

My $.02

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
AIM:   timcourtne