 Off-Topic / Fun / 2245
Re: Lee Iacocca's Kevin Bacon number
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:52:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:
3 degrees for me:

No, not 3 degrees. Unless you have an actor credit in a movie, your
distance is infinite. That's just the way it works...  People are
confusing the "six degrees of separation" thing (1) with the back to
Bacon thing. The rules are different

Ah. Okay, that's important to know. I guess I'll just have to try and land a
part somewhere in a movie with someone famous then for the backbacon thing.

So you don't want to be quoted or termed as a source then?
You're hardly ever wrong you know..

True, kind of you to notice, but beside the point.

1 - this refers to the theory that if you absolutely HAD to get a
message passed to anyone in the world it could be done in 6 hops or less
using only personally known links.

That can make you think twice before posting something on the 'net.

And supposedly the farthest relation everyone has to one another is 64th
cousin.

So when's the family dinner?

-Tom McD.
when replying, "I suppose you gotta ask yourself one question: did he fire
five spamcakes or six?"