 Off-Topic / Fun / 2220
Re: Lee Iacocca's Kevin Bacon number
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 22:28:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
No free goods!!!

But I'm supposed to get everything free - I'm in the media remember? ;-)  I
haven't bought a T-shirt in years..

Go do your research at IMdB.

Thanks for the link!

3 degrees for me:  1) I met and chatted with Willie Nelson back in 1988 at
concert which the station at which I was employed was promoting; 2) Willie
Nelson to Dustin Hoffman in _Wag the Dog_ 1997, and; 3) Dustin Hoffman to
Kevin Bacon in _Sleepers_ 1996.

Another one: 1) I met and chatted with Randy Travis back in 1988; 2) Randy to
Ellen Barkin in _White River Kid_ 1999; 3) Ellen to Kevin Bacon in _Diner_ 1982

As a member of the media you need to be
spanked, you've been naughty. No, wait, that's not it.

I don't deserve a spanking cuz I'm not using this on the air using this in a
professional capacity, so therefore millions would not be informed/mislead. ;-)

As a member of the media you need to learn to do research. IMdB is a
great resource, very comprehensive, and very accurate.

So you don't want to be quoted or termed as a source then? You're hardly ever
wrong you know..

-Tom McD.
when replying, your spamcake may vary.

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Jeff Stembel wrote:
This reminded me to check on how many degrees of separation I am from • Kevin
Bacon.  As it turns out, I am closer than Lee Iacocca!
  Kevin Bacon was in Planes, Trains & Automobiles with Ben Stein
  I shook hands with Ben Stein at my graduation

Did Ben Stein have scenes (on-screen) in common with Kevin Bacon?  I • believe
that's a rule of the original game.

But you can kindly ignore the rule I broke about no TV shows, just movies!
:-,

I missed out on this while it was hot: does anyone know if Willie Nelson or
Randy Travis has been in a scene with Kevin Bacon?

I'm trying to ascertain my degrees here.

-Tom McD.
when replying, the Treaty of Spamcake was actually signed in 971 A.D., much
earlier than was previously thought.

lugnet.