 CAD / Development / 2319
Re: advice on how to do classic space planet logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:30:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Wilson writes:
i currently have 1 classic space astronaut torso in my posession. anyone
have any ideas on how to do the planet logo?  the problem is the weird
curves on the part...
it is not just regular rings etc...
Just like any other torso - split the design into quads and triangles, so that
at regular magnification your design is a good representation of the original.
I try to make mine look good at x4, so that at x1 they look even better. Please
be sure to define the entire front surface - filling in the background with
colour 16 quads/triangles. Also due to a feature of LDraw, whereby dithered
colours are only rendered correctly for type 1 lines, the gold area will need
to be a subpart.

Chris