 CAD / *30525 (-100)
  Re: Non proportional BOM in LPub

The new individual part images are other scales too, though I have set the minimum distance to 3000. (...) the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non proportional BOM in LPub

(...) That is what I mean... you need to erase your part cache when you change the (...) However I did that an nothing has changed... New images are made and new BOM's. Still the scale is like the images I posted earlier. Jaco (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non proportional BOM in LPub

(...) If you are referring to the fact that some plates are not rendered at the same scale as others, you need to erase your part cache when you change the minimum distance for part image rendering. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non proportional BOM in LPub

(...) I guess you mean that the size of the parts in the BOM are not the same size as the parts in the construction image? Yes. This has to do with minimum distance. I've run into the problem, and don't know how to resolve scale between the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Non proportional BOM in LPub

Hi all (and Kevin :-) I have rendered this (URL) using LPub from the car in set 1682. Great stuff, however the parts are non-proportional? Has this to do with the minimum distance again? Or else: what did I do wrong? Jaco (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: motm/sotm

(...) We _could_. But it would limit participation in the vote more than I would like. Play well, Jacob -- LEGO boats: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: motm/sotm

(...) I'd have to check with Terry and Steve, but I think it's a backup issue. I wonder if in the mean time, we couldn't run MOTM via LUGNET's poll system? -Tim (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  motm/sotm

Hi, With all the problems ldraw.org has had over the last few weeks, what happened with March's contests? The site is still showing February's winners. <disclosure> I'm asking mainly because I had an image entered and the suspense is killing me (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) A lot of positive feedback on this, but I guess I'll play devil's advocate. If it's for kids, why are you marketing it with such an adultish, high-tech name: Digital Designer? The name sounds like some kind of powerful software program that (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  12 volt train track parts

Has anyone started on the 12 volt train track parts ? I just received some good old blue track :-) including those 12 volt power tracks (how are these called, actually?) and one 12 volt cross. If nobody has done these parts, I'd like to create them. (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) UTC of course! ;-) Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I dunno - that depends on the tech guys who create the voting system. GMT or EST (New York) sounds good to me. -Tim (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Updated part: 193b.dat Minifig Helmet with Thick Chinstrap - Type 2  [DAT]

0 Minifig Helmet with Thick Chinstrap - Type 2 0 Name: 193b.dat 0 Author: Willy Tschager 0 Unofficial Part 0 CATEGORY Minifig Accessory 0 BFC CERTIFY CW 0 Edge Bottom Inside 2 24 0 23.5 -13 -4.975 23.09 -12.011 2 24 -4.975 23.09 -12.011 -9.192 (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Updated part: 193.dat Minifig Helmet - Type 1  [DAT]

0 Minifig Helmet - Type 1 0 Name: 193.dat 0 Author: Willy Tschager 0 LDRAW_ORG Part UPDATE 2002-04 0 Unofficial Update 0 CATEGORY Minifig Accessory 0 2003-05-03 Willy Tschager added conditional lines, 0 made BFC compliant. 0 BFC CERTIFY CW 0 Edge (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) 5 days sounds good ... which time-zone are we talkin' about, Tokyo, Servertime in DK, GMT, NY or LA ;-)? w. (GMT +01:00) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) there are reasons why I put stress on a restriction. (URL) took me almost a year to get a deeper understanding of the stuff I was dealing with and feel comfortable with cond. line, BFC, bad vertex sequences and the like. 'til one hasn't (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) Great, thanks! Ultimately, the means of communication should be up to the elected LSC members to decide for themselves. If I had my say, I like the idea of a mailing list on LDraw.org, which posts messages automatically to a LUGNET group for (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) Hi Tim, Give me a hollar if you would like a special group for this on LUGNET. If you have a list (either static or dynamic) of email addresses whom you want to grant posting access, it would be fairly easy for me to set things on LUGNET such (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Have I got a TIP for you!

Hi all, For those of you who need some inspiration (and who doesn't from time to time) for building a train or a POV-Ray scene I opened the Train Inspiration Pictures site. Everyday I download pictures from alt.binairies.pictures.rail, select the (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dat.scenes) !

  Re: Enhancement requests

Andy Lynch wrote in message <00e001c3131e$bb1a85...th.com>... (...) Now there's a useful tip! I just completely redid my color bar and it will save me loads of clicking around. Kevin ---...--- Shopping Mall is back: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I like 5 days. Start the votes on Wednesday and end on Sunday. As far a people on vacation, the vote is the same time every year and there are enough public terminals to facilitate voting -Orion (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I agree with Tim and have no objection to vote limitation. -Orion (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

Here's an idea: treat it like Model-of-the-month. Have the candidates draw themselves up in .LDR format and submit the files... (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) A week sounds good. I'd even go 10 days maybe, including two weekends (believe it or not,people go on vacation in the summer and not all of them are deranged like me and take their laptops with them and check email and LUGNET each day (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I'm tempted to say a week - 3 days would miss people that can only deal with such stuff on weekends, or weekdays... Dan (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) This needs to be changed - voting should be open for longer than one day, to give everyone the opportunity to vote. What do people think? I think it should be open 5 days or less, probably something like 3. Thoughts? -Tim (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I've been thinking about this and I think I mildly favor LSC elections open to all ldraw.org members. But I waver on it. (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) Ok :-) (...) Cool. Anyone else care to add their .02? -Tim (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) ...on the technical end of things, I think we should get a voting and membership system in place. Once that has been taken care of and tested, open up membership for the purpose of electing the first LSC. -Tim (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I'm actually half and half on it. I do see reasons why to limit it, but for some reason I'm a little wary of accepting it without discussion. (...) Well, at least I haven't noticed it before, otherwise I would have probably mentioned it. But (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) great! So what's the next step? Dan (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) Both, but moreso that only LSC-eligable. I'd rather the LSC be selected by people who are familiar with the other programmers and potential members, as well as the issues the LSC will be dealing with. I think this is a very important concern, (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Perl Help

(...) Dan (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) huh. (...) you're supporting that only LSC-eligable can vote, or that the ad-hoc group can vote? I think everyone can vote - but if we say that's not so, then I think the ad-hoc part should be removed. Why the special treatment? On Mon, May (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Perl Help

(...) And for lots of random tips tricks and forums, there's (URL) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) That statement (aside from the ad-hoc addition) was in Version 0.6, the first version I posted publicly. I found it in my local text file, as well as in the post here: (URL) strongly in favor of at least restricting the vote to only those (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I don't believe the beginning part is new (eligible LSC members can vote) it is new, but I added the ad-hoc group in there for those in the ad-hoc who are ineligible for LSC membership. Track Changes didn't highlight it in Word. I am for that (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) If this license is still not yet determined, I STRONGLY urge you to make sure your lawyers are famailiar with the Debian Free Software Guidelines. They are oriented towards a particular Linux distribution but are generally accepted to be a (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Monkeypede

(...) something like this: (URL) string "/1812/poo.ldr" should be in the environment variable PATH_INFO. (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego XML?

Here is an idea! Anyone used Rover before? (URL) idea is you have "block-sets" that you customize using XML to create worlds. The concept could be adapted for sets, very easily. IMO: I think it is a little redundant to have the same 2Lx2Wx1H block (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) This is new? Only the committee and people who are eligable for membership in the LSC can vote? I thought we were defining the general membership in LDraw.org so that everyone can vote? I think this paragraph should say: LDraw.org Members will (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Printable parts list/Lego visual dictionary?

(...) To find the trans colors in MLCad, just open the colors window. There's a sliders on the right side of the window, slide it down one "click". You should see all the trans colors. -Orion (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Printable parts list/Lego visual dictionary?

[ FUT lugnet.cad ] (...) Look at: (URL) Like whenever i am pov-ray-ing my trans-neon-green stuff I have to generate (...) That's a lack in MLCAD. The above list includes "trans-neon-green": Transparent green-yellow (?) LDraw: 42 RGB: 204 255 0 (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Enhancement requests

(...) That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks! I'll try it when I get home. Amy (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Enhancement requests

Amy, If you right click on a color box in the colors tool bar, you can change which color that box represents. MLCad will remember your colors between sessions too. HTH -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Amy Hughes" (...) bar, (...) (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  LSC Proposal 0.99

I think it's time to post the 0.99 draft of the LSC proposal. I've pasted it below with mo revision marks. You can see an HTML document _with_ revision marks here: (URL) think we're 99% of the way there to having a final draft - and if there are no (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Perl Help

(...) in addition to activestate's site, you can look at perldoc.com for all the man pages (which should have been installed with perl anyway), and also at search.cpan.org for modules. Dan (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Enhancement requests

1) Colors I build mostly with white, tan, trans-white (clear) and trans-light-blue. Unfortunately, three of those colors aren't displayed in the Colors tool bar, and two of them aren't even in the first 16. It'd be wonderful if I could place any (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Perl Help

Sorry for the off topic post but there are a lot of developers here that might be able to help me. I learn code best by looking at a file and looking up all the stuff I don't understand in a help file or documentation. I taught myself VB and Delphi (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  The most important thing about this new "Digital Designer" thing is...

That the LXF format is documented and that there are no restrictions on implementing support for it and/or creating/using programs that can read/write it. if there are too many restrictions, it may mean that programs written under popular Open (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad) !

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) For Perl (I think this is also true for Python) you would only need an API definition and a binary DLL or library for linux. The connection would be via XS (what I use) or SWIG. I done quite a bit of interfacing C to Perl. I think C++ is (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: MLCAD Drag and Drop Stacking

(...) It's quite simple. Let's say you already have a plate somewhere in drawing&viewing area. Just drag and drop other plate whenever you want. If you didn't drop it precisely where you want, use cursor arrows and "Home" and "End" keys to move (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Parts tracker down?

I have been unable to access the parts tracker for about a week now. Does anybody know what is going on with it or when the problems will be fixed? (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Actually, I *can* imagine. I work at a large institution and have to deal with this sort of thing all the time. :) But I'm hopeful, as many companies have gone through those legal and business issues before and come out on the right side. (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Well, to me the point is to get out to as many people as possible. However, as I have stated a number of times, we are still early in the process and have a great many questions to answer. There are legal and business issues like you wouldn't (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Sure. This message: (URL). Todd says: OK, sounds like, at least initially, the SDK source would only go to a few people for the express purpose of porting the SDK to other platforms. If it's the case that LEGO doesn't want the whole world to (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Must be late in the day... I didn't follow what you are asking. Can you point me to the info you are referring to, or perhaps rephrase your question? Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Development Manager - B.I. Portal (URL) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Updated Part: 777p09 - Flag on Flagpole Old with Belgian Pattern  [DAT]

0 Flag on Flagpole Old with Belgian Pattern 0 Name: 777p09.dat 0 Author: Tore Eriksson 0 Unofficial Updated Part 0 REM 2003-05-04 Ludo Soete Corrected color order 1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3062A.DAT 1 16 0 -4 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 4-4EDGE.DAT 1 16 (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) I'm a bit concerned about some things I read in other posts, though. Particularly, what do you mean by "release" and by "community"? From your answer to Todd's question on Python/Perl, it sounds like "release" means "not really release", and (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  LDraw Help Desk Tutorial - How to add LDraw Parts to Your Library

I am aware that many of you *MAY* not need this information but for the newbies this is a question we get a lot at the help desk. =) In any case please provide me with some feedback on what you think of this new tutorial. New tutorial direct link: (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) We're trying! I think at this point, after - being a (adult) fan myself for at least 5 years - having worked for LEGO Direct for almost 3 years - meeting so many folks via email/Instant Message/in person/phone that I have a pretty good idea of (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD4DModeler 1.0 Available

No, this is not possilbe in the current version. But I think it's a good feature for the 2.0 version. Thanks again for you're feedback. (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LD4DModeler 1.0 Available

This is something what I will keep in mind for version 2.0. This should be doable using scripting so you can compose whole formulas to describe relations between joints. thanks for the suggestion. (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Hey, wow, sounds like you "get it". :) Thanks! (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD4DModeler 1.0 Available

Here's a suggestion: If you could assign names and multipliers to individual rotation/translation components of joints, that would be great. What I mean is you could make the x-axis translation of joint A be 1.5 times the rate of the y-axis rotation (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LD4DModeler 1.0 Available

I haven't played with LD4DModeler enough to know, but can LD4DModeler load and save nested .L4D files? It would be great if you could import premade L4DModeler constructions into new constructions. -Mike (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MLCAD Drag and Drop Stacking

(...) Could you be a little bit more descriptive with your problem? A screenshot maybe? -Orion P.S. Don't email me at the above address. Use billthefish@removeth....yahoo.com (I currently switching web hosts and my domain is in limbo) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Hi Jack, I appreciate the effort the LEGO company seems to deploy just to please its adult and child customers. Whatever sparse/complete the part library, whatever basic/advanced the tools, I am sure the LCAD world will be better after LXF (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: MLCAD Drag and Drop Stacking

(...) Sorry if I misled you -- I am very knew to MLCad. When I try to build the M:tron shuttle ((URL) or anything else, the bricks just dont stack. Help is appreciated. Thanks! Matt C. (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) I was thinking we would have a pre-defined set of materials, so we don't need to define them. (...) That's what I had in mind. (...) You need texture coordinates to be able to apply textures but you don't need them for smooth, rubber and (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) On the Building Instruction tab, uncheck the construction images checkbox. Now pull down the Generate->Instruction Images. It will only produce PLIs and BOMS. Kevin (...) <snip> (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Non-BFC primitives (was: Primitives with different BFC winding)

Oops forgot to get the primitives from Ldraw027.exe. Please forget my previous post and read this one ;-) (...) I just found out what caused my notice. I had several non-bfc'd primitives overwritten with unofficial bfc'd versions. Now I have (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Non-BFC primitives (was: Primitives with different BFC winding)

(...) I just found out what caused my notice. I had several non-bfc'd primitives overwritten with unofficial bfc'd versions. Now I have deleted all files from my P-folder and extracted all primitives from the current complete.zip (inlcuding update (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: another workaround for the single part model color problem in l3p

I am pretty sure my solution works too: If I remember correctly the color codes for the rendering engine are placed in the render file just not referenced properly. All you have to do is go down to where it assigns the color to the object and change (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Printable parts list/Lego visual dictionary?

Umm, question Ive had for a bit but being newbie wasnt sure about whether its been discussed or where to look. With respect to the 'standards' for colors, what about things such as neon and trans? Like whenever i am pov-ray-ing my trans-neon-green (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad)

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4pc2bvo3amq7f4a...4ax.com... (...) I hven't read the whole discussion but this is the wound point. I'm not a real LUGNET member because of the payment. I think a membership is'n a (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) One point of clarification... I meant that we were putting our own efforts into LXF (not LXF overtaking LDraw). Sorry for any confusion! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Development Manager - N. America LEGO Direct (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tool for part authors: rings and cones

Cool, I like, I like. The only thing I can think of that would make this complete (IMO) is adding a height calculator for the cones. Somewhere you enter the total height, and it gives you the height scalars for the individual cones. Shouldn't be too (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...  [DAT]

(...) I like this. It would allow you to define a bunch of materials up front and then apply them to some of the surfaces. Could we use this for printed textures as well, or would that be better with a different meta-command? How would you apply the (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Instructions for the Cathedral Board Game

Well I got around to creating instructions for my version of the Cathedral board game. Here they are: (URL) Orginal thread about this game is here: (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug) !!

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) I agree this is sound reasoning. In fact with my knowledge of logistics, I will say I kind of expected this response. ...Of course the AFOL in me wishes it could be different... :) (...) One of the natures of this community we've been talking (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bionicle Masks

(...) I haven't sent anything yet. I meant that I would pay attention so as not to send it to two people (unless circumstances warrant it.) I remember the much earlier comments by some people regarding duplication of efforts, and I see their point. (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) You have a Mac with 8 MB of VRAM and you are running at 1024x768 or higher, yes? To get the the rotation to work correctly, switch to 800x600 launch MBC (set that to music and Andrew might get a different set of lawyers knocking on his door:) (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: What is exactly "optional line"?

(...) Hi Rob, Take a look a the draft LDraw.org file format spec. (URL) tried to explain Type 5 line a plainly as possible. If you still have more questions, let me know. -Orion (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Tool for part authors: rings and cones

Being a parts author, I often needed a ring or cone that had to be made up out of more than one ring or cone primitive. To make it easier and quicker to find the required primitives and their scaling I created an application that gives me all the (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available - Comma's and Dots

(...) I use the Dutch version of Win98 SE, too. Having this 'local settings' problem with more tools (including my primitive generation Excel sheet) I changed the local settings on my pc to '.' as decimal seperator and ',' as thousand seperator. (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available - Comma's and Dots

Once again: thanks. This is getting better all the time. Now to get a hang of creating callouts... Another thing, I think I posted this before or replied directly to Kevin: Having a Dutch operating system, Win98 SE, the decimal dots change to (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) I suppose Steve is talking about: (URL) I am not sure I believe in this project myself anymore (except for for parts files - maybe). My current darling is to make a _building-oriented_ file format. I wrote some notes about it at some point, (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> skrev i meddelandet news:5iq0bvciiurtrj7...4ax.com... (...) Don't forget the 'infinite recursion' of LDRAW files - a line in a 'time script file' could refer to a whole scene in a 'scene file' where one line (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

"Kyle McDonald" <Kyle.McDonald@Sun.COM> skrev i meddelandet news:3EB07E46.207000...Sun.COM... (...) That's a lot of work for a small gain (if any) - it's better if the software can deduce such things. Don't forget special handling of transparent (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) Fantastic! I look forward to giving you my thoughts on this as I begin using it. Expect commentary in the coming weeks as I find time to work with something that's been a LONG time in coming. Thanks! -Dave (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LD4DModeler 1.0 Available

Woopie! It's working for me now. -Mike (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Yep, it looks like I read your post too quickly and thought it was a company project. DOH! Ah, well...when LEGO decides to realize that many of their customers don't do windoze please feel free to contact me. Someday, I'd actually like to (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

Hi Cary, I'm sorry to say that, but my app, being based on Java3D requires 3d hardware support for rendering. That means that it runs well on GeForce and Radeon graphic cards series, but not so well on software renderizers. Regarding the first run, (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) Cool! (...) This didn't work correctly for me. The rotation axis didn't display when I held down the option key, and drag the mouse and the part doesn't update as it rotates. When I redraw the model (by moving it somehow), the part all of a (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  What is exactly "optional line"?

Hi. What is optional line exactly? I am trying to translate it to Czech but I cannot figure out what optional line exactly is. It makes 4 vertexes regardless on how many do I type in. Is it used to make surfaces or something like that? Can anyone (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) Yep, and it got broken in a past version. Should be working in the newest version. If not, drop me a note. If you asked me how to change the .LDR format, I would not know where to begin. I view almost every single command, directory structure, (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bionicle Masks

(...) Sorry, I guess I'M NOT paying enough attention myself... Is there something coming to me? If there is I'll need to budget some time to work on it, so LMK. BTW, I might be working on the thingamabob whatsit that is serving as the fairing on the (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: dxf conversion

(...) Yeah, I'm using 3d win. I made an ouline model just for the edges, and even that came out with a bunch of triangles. If only mlcad had some proper drafting tools for working at this level of detail. Text entry of coordinates in a graphical (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: dxf conversion

(...) Hi Allister, What converter are you using? Using 3DWin, I only get triangles for everything - lines with thickness, 2D solids, and 3DFaces. I suspect that AutoCAD's 3DFace object isn't a true quad itself, just from the way it's drawn (could be (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact