 CAD / MLCad / 1662
1661  |  1663
Subject:
Enhancement requests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 15:45:19 GMT

1) Colors

I build mostly with white, tan, trans-white (clear) and trans-light-blue.
Unfortunately, three of those colors aren't displayed in the Colors tool bar,
and two of them aren't even in the first 16. It'd be wonderful if I could place
any colors I want in the Colors tool bar to avoid having to open the color
selector dialog.

2) 3D Rotation

Am I uncoordinated or what? I can't rotate the 3D display without twisting it
around in very undesirable ways. Is there a way to limit the rotation to one
degree of freedom at a time? A program I wrote for viewing 3D "waterfall"
graphs allows the user to click near the edge of the window to "push" the graph
in the direction clicked by a user-selectable amount. This suits my limited
coordination well :-) and the users haven't found it too limiting (they
typically don't ratate it more than 30 degrees or so).

It'd be great to be able to use one of these to control the azimuth of the 3D
display...

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/

I may buy one to see how it works.

3) Deep selection

When I select a portion of a model using a bounding box, MLCAD selects the
surface bricks that are touched by the rectangle that I draw. What I'd like is
for all bricks behind them to also be selected. It's currently very difficult
to split a model (to, say, add bricks in the middle or repair mistakes). I run
into this a lot building columns. I can illustrate if necessary.

Very cool program, BTW. Many thanks to all who have contributed to Lego CAD,
both parts and programs, and documents.

Thanks,
Amy