 CAD / Development / 8906
Re: Perl Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 15:46:43 GMT

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 03:05:06PM +0000, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Sorry for the off topic post but there are a lot of developers here that
might be able to help me.

I learn code best by looking at a file and looking up all the stuff I don't
understand in a help file or documentation.  I taught myself VB and Delphi
this way.  My problem is Perl has no help file or good, *searchable*
documentation that I can find.  So here's my question:

Is there a good help file or searchable document (perferrably free) for
Perl?  If so, where can find it?

in addition to activestate's site, you can look at perldoc.com for all
the man pages (which should have been installed with perl anyway), and
also at search.cpan.org for modules.

Dan