 Administrative / General / 12517
Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:09:41 GMT

that bucket o’ bolts...

I really don’t think dragging contemporary politics into this discussion is going to be very productive.

Actually, LUGNET is supposed to be an oligarchy (for a while at least) - see Todd’s post “Taking LUGNET to the next level” from February 2004:

      I want to take LUGNET through a two-part transition, essentially
      metamorphising it first from a monarchy into an oligarchy, and then from
      an oligarchy into the analagous online form of a representational
      democracy or a constitutional republic.

Perhaps the time has come to make the admins more accountable. I think having elected admins would cut down on a lot of the frustration some of us are feeling. The answer to the question “What do we do about a bad admin?” would be “Vote him out next election!”

Marc Nelson Jr.

Wow!! The first bit of reasonable logic I heard here in a while. Nice suggestions Marc. I just hope that Todd reads it, because this is the system that Lugnet needs to try to transition to, without it becoming too much of a popularity contest.

Ben Medinets