 Administrative / General / 12470
Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:24:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   What is required is that people be treated with respect, which is not the same as having respect for them.

Sage advice.

   If Larry was one of the parties involved, then I still object. He should recuse (sp) himself from managing this issue in any way, because he is too personally involved in it.

You raise a good point there. In the future this needs to be taken under advisement if things become personal for whatever reason.

   So where is the line? That is the question we’re trying to get answered. It is inconsistantly applied and sometimes it looks like it is abused as a power play. IMHO Larry has been flagrant even if you ignore the canceled post. Just look at his follow up post.

You ask a lot of good, tough questions in this post, and these being discussed in the administrative discussion on policy.

--Todd